damn door handles

White93z34

well after spending around 5 hours yesterday fine tuneing my drivers door so it opens ans closes smoothly with no rubbing and that i can lock AND unlock it i get to work and go to get someting outa the car when SNAP, yeah i knew it was comeing the door handle has been bowed out since day one and i knew it was a matter of time. guess i have a good excuse to get a new one now, i know i ought to go new but i have $25 credit with the junkyard, that and i found one of the lighted keyhole door handles on a 92 prix its in good shape don't bow out. it shoulden't be too hard to wire up. aah i love these cars but GM coulda put more thought into the doors

I wonder how many posts there are about the stupid door handles.. it must be astronomical :lol:

I think they would have been a GREAT idea had GM used good metal on them. I love how they make the car look "shaved".

I, for one, have never had any problem with my GP's door handles, both driver and passenger side. The lights work as promised, and door handles have survived winters of frozen shut doors, yanking, and the like, and still hold strong. *knocks on wood*

A GP door handle will not work on anything but a GP, same goes for a cutlass, and a lumina, and a regal, all the way down the line. The guts are the same, they work the same, however the lines will not match up. I tried a regal on my cutlass, and it fit sorta ok, but it looked like shit. You're going to have to order a new lumi door handle. sorry man.

A GP door handle will not work on anything but a GP, same goes for a cutlass, and a lumina, and a regal, all the way down the line. The guts are the same, they work the same, however the lines will not match up. I tried a regal on my cutlass, and it fit sorta ok, but it looked like shit. You're going to have to order a new lumi door handle. sorry man.

I thought there were just two different sizes.. although I forget which cars are which. I'm sure that I've interchanged before and they looked fine. Maybe the Regal one you had was the wrong size or damaged.

well i need a new handle and the 2 door w-bodys the junkyards have is several prixs and a regal or 2, there are a few cutty supremes but somebody already got to the handle on it. so i'm gona grab the prix one and hope it works, off hand does anyone know the part numbers for lumina and grand prix handles?

That would be my first choice...ebay...there are always 4 or 5 under cutlass supreme search, and I am sure there are some listed under the other cars...usually 25-35 bones which is not too bad.