Power steering question.

phantomshado

Are they any higher ratio than the high ratio racks found in some W's? I know my Int. Series CS's and my Z have quicker steering than my old CS.

Yeah, check the number of turns from lock to lock. The quickest is 2.25 turns, then the TGP is 2.5 and the shitty one is 3 turns

I love the steering on these cars... between driving my dad's Anal Ranger, which has the loosest steering of any car I've ever driven, the Neon's steering (also loose), I like the responsiveness and the feedback. I hate driving any other car.

I love the steering on these cars... between driving my dad's Anal Ranger, which has the loosest steering of any car I've ever driven, the Neon's steering (also loose), I like the responsiveness and the feedback. I hate driving any other car.

i thought w-bodies had very loose steering. i can literally turn my car with one finger. i love really easy steering like that.

The W's w/ FE3 suspension got the better racks fromwhat I've read....is there any difference in a TGP rack vs. a 91-93 GTP rack? My TGP seems to have tighter/quicker steering then a 93 GTP I drove once is why I ask.

i thought w-bodies had very loose steering. i can literally turn my car with one finger. i love really easy steering like that.

You should test drive a newer GTP, the steering on them is light/easy as hell w/ the power assist.

Not my car. It doesn't take much to turn, but more than a finger. That's how my dad's truck is, I can turn that with my pinkie, but I can't feel the road. In my car, I usually palm my turns, which takes a little bit of effort, but from lock to lock, it's about 2.3 or 2.5 turns, which I like.

Mine used to be feather-light until the PS pump went out.. after it was replaced, its been quite heavy to steer.

Same thing with my old Lumina.. PS hose burst, so we had it replaced. The steering was light for about 2 blocks, then it was suddenly back to its heavy self.

You should test drive a newer GTP, the steering on them is light/easy as hell w/ the power assist.

i bet i'd like it then. last gen silverado pickups have real easy steering too.

my 83 chevy suburban has the loosest steering out of any car i've ever driven. makes my cutlass which now does not have power steering seem like a sports car. oh well

The loosest steering vehicle I've ever drove was a '67 Galaxy.. and it took like 8 turns to get that boat around a corner :lol: . It was in great shape and had a good running 289 with nice exhaust (sounded killer), but due to the steering I didn't buy that car. :| The '85 T-bird we had also had very lose steering.. I didnt like it cause it was too easy to steer off on the highway. Nice for city driving though.

My GP also has fairly tough steering. I also changed the ps pump to one from a 93 (i think). I wish it was a bit easier to turn in the city but its great on the highway. :)

I'd LOVE to have power assist on a new GP!

The loosest steering vehicle I've ever drove was a '67 Galaxy.. and it took like 8 turns to get that boat around a corner :lol: . It was in great shape and had a good running 289 with nice exhaust (sounded killer), but due to the steering I didn't buy that car. :| The '85 T-bird we had also had very lose steering.. I didnt like it cause it was too easy to steer off on the highway. Nice for city driving though.

My GP also has fairly tough steering. I also changed the ps pump to one from a 93 (i think). I wish it was a bit easier to turn in the city but its great on the highway. :)

interesting, Canadian, because our '87 tbird's steering is very tight. the effort required to turn the wheel is very high compared to my car.

interesting, Canadian, because our '87 tbird's steering is very tight. the effort required to turn the wheel is very high compared to my car.

Wonder if Ford decided to change the steering on the T-birds in 87, since thats when it got a bit of a facelift. I drove another T-bird which had lose steering too, although I think it was an 85 as well :oops:

Wonder if Ford decided to change the steering on the T-birds in 87, since thats when it got a bit of a facelift. I drove another T-bird which had lose steering too, although I think it was an 85 as well :oops:

that seems possible. did the pump groan when ever you turned the wheel? our tbird, and both of our aerostars had really loud power steering pumps. one aerostar actually burned up 2 pumps in 20K