Front speaker..

Cartracer

I was planning on getting some infinity speakers for my front but when i go to sites, they say i have to cut some paneling off so they can fit. Is this true? If they are the same size they should fit shouldnt they? The mounting depth of the infinity's are 2 1/16 if u wanted to know... I was also wondering the specs of the current speaker in it. i know it is 5 1/4 but what is mounting depth. (95 gp se)

I was planning on getting some infinity speakers for my front but when i go to sites, they say i have to cut some paneling off so they can fit. Is this true? If they are the same size they should fit shouldnt they? The mounting depth of the infinity's are 2 1/16 if u wanted to know... I was also wondering the specs of the current speaker in it. i know it is 5 1/4 but what is mounting depth. (95 gp se)

Ditch the factory plastic mounts and make your own plates out of 3/8" MDF or plywood. That way you can fit in 6 1/2's. Check out these pics, I put in 6 1/2" separates in the doors of my 95 Regal.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6