Got some ideas! Help! ;-D

cryptnix

It isn't a problem though honest.

Looking for an idea to redo my rear decklid ...

I plan on putting some new 6x9's back there but I also want it to nearly look stock but i want the 6x9's to have an offset pointing towards the front of the car and i also want to seal up the cavity so then the 6x9 will hit harder and produce a more pure sounding note ...

Just searching for some ideas ... may sound hidious but after seeing oneofakinds setup (for his exterior of car) it motivated to see what a newer one with the same type of setup would look like ...

you can just shim the hell out of the back side where the speaker mounts to get the speaker angle, then, I'd get some metal mesh, and place it over the speaker how you'd like it and whip up a batch of fiberglass paste and mold it to however you'd want it. Then sand it, paint it and you're good to go. The fiberglass anchor for the speaker maybe even might make everything more rigid and it'll hit harder??? Just an idea.

Infinitys have the adjustable tweeter, which shoots out the high frequency where you want it. Maybe not exactly what you want to do, but definatley an option. They have nice bass too!

This might help you out. Try finding a 87-91 Grand Am in the boneyard. Their 6X9 mounts have plastic shrouds that mount on top of the back deck and angle the speaker towards the front.

Yes

I want the rear of the speakers tilted up more. my car is tinted so the only people that'll be seeing it is the people of which are in the car itself... ;-D

but yeah... i guess :-D

If you ever plan to install some subs, you might consider making a plate out of wood and installing 6-1/2" components.

Round speakers are a lot more accurate than oval ones.

The only benefit to 6x9's is more cone area = more bass.

If you have subs, you don't need the cone area.

Actually, I wouldn't even worry about the rear speakers too much.

Angling the rear 6x9's won't improve bass, and you don't want the highs from the rear overpowering the front anyway. One rule of good car audio is you want the sound coming from the front for your front stage. Rear speakers are just for filler and aren't very important.