updates on my GTP

Heza

well...i found my trunk leak. if you can see the nice little black line on the seam...thats where it is. so im fixing that today along with installing a new trunk seal and redoing my rear window molding.

505596_80_full.jpg

when i was drinking last night i cut out my drip pans to have open louvers.

505596_84_full.jpg

trunk leaks are a huge PITA, took me forever but now i oly have 2 tiny leaks left to fix and i just found where they are comeing from :peace: now i just need a dry day and some silicone seal and i will finally have a dry trunk.

Aren't you worried about getting shit into your engine with the drip pans out? I've always wanted to do that but am afraid rain and snow would get into the engine without them there.

Aren't you worried about getting shit into your engine with the drip pans out? I've always wanted to do that but am afraid rain and snow would get into the engine without them there.

...and snow and rain still got in there because there is an outlet at the front of the drip pan for drainage. i opened it up so that hot air could get out and if rain gets in...so be it. not like the engine bay stays competely dry during a rain storm anyway.

i would never take mine out. i love the black look under the louvers on my white car. that and i do not want rain / snow / whatever induction going on.

i would never take mine out. i love the black look under the louvers on my white car. that and i do not want rain / snow / whatever induction going on.

z34 louvers are more open than GTP louvers. mine still look black with the hood closed.

I dunno I still think that leaving them open all the time is a bad idea, but that's just my idea. My car too! :wink: Good luck ya'll with leaving them open.

its kind of funny how it doesnt matter what you do, the engine will get dirty. driving down the road in the rain with rain splashing through the radiator. ...or explain the pebbles i get on my front cam cover after driving 800 or so miles.

just because louvers are open, doesnt mean the engine is going to get any more dirty.

i would open em, except the only problem is my friends got a 96 GTP and he says hes caught people puttin crap down the slots when the car was parked.

i would open em, except the only problem is my friends got a 96 GTP and he says hes caught people puttin crap down the slots when the car was parked.

if its solid stuff....there are still screens. if its liquid...it would get into the engine bay via the drip pan anyway. hence...its called a drip pan.