Power Windows Lockout switch

MommyTaz022200

Which cars had them? Were they an option in 93? If not is there a way to get it to work on the 93 switches? My son loves to play with the windows so I'd like to be able to lock them.

i would splice into the wiring harness and put a switch there to lock them i think you can do it from the driver's switch but i'm not sure about that.

i cut the rear switch wires and run wire from the spliced wires to a switch and there you have it locking windows :wink:

it wasn't a option back in 1983 i did that mod to my 83 suburban right before some people decided to hit it and now that truck sits since i got my cutlass i can't get enough of driving that car :roll:

while we're on the topic........

Since 94+ w-bodies had the lockout switch, did the 94+ luminas have them? If so, would it be possible to swap out an arm rest from a 94 lumina and put it in my 90 lumina so that I could splice in a functional switch?

SmoothSteve

1994 Luminas wouldn't have them because they weren't changed until 1995. One of those might..

My '92 Lumina had the lockout I believe. I can't remember the switch being there for it, but I do remember people bitching at me for locking out their windows, so I'm gonna say they had the option.

Cutlass Supreme sedans had the lockout switch since their intro in 90.

I'm surprised Grand Prix didn't have it!

I thought it was pretty standard in 4dr cars since the mid 80's.

How different are 94+ GP switch plates?

Ok I bought a toggle switch. So now basically I take the wires in the driver side controll, cut them, and wire the toggle switch in the middle?

i say take the wires to the rear window motors cut those wires and put the toggle switch there thats what i did to my old suburban :wink: it worked for me cut the power wires off and no more playing with the windows done by your son they would be locked basically i hope this helps