GP STE

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What exactly sets the STE apart from other GP sedans? Did this model have the F1 engine, and was there anything special on the inside? How many were made?

I saw one earlier in the week. When I came out from the bank it was parked next to my GT, was the same colour, and I had to do a double take.

The cluster should be the same as the rest of the GPs through '93 (except for the turbo, of course). Also, the DOHC was an option from '91-'93. The base motor was a n/a 3.1 from '90-'93. The lower trim/side skirts could also be had on other sedans. The piece on the trunk lid that continues the pattern between the tailights is STE exclusive, as well.

Guest TurboSedan

the '90 STE was also available with a Getrag 282 5-speed manual tranmisson, but only with the NA 3.1 engine. the '91-'93 was available with the Getrag 284 5-speed, but only with the DOHC 3.4 engine.

Sedans got base gauges much of the time...

To be quite honest with you, I've only seen two sedans at the yard that ever got the stripped cluster. The full gauges were part of an option package that most cars were equipped with. Only the base of the base of the base got the nominal cluster. The STE's cluster is nothing special.

I know STEs got the full gauges. I was replying to the question of what other gauges. I've seen plenty of sedans with base gauges. Like mine. I think maybe it was an LE thing?

Are the tailights the ones that go across the bottom portion of the trunlid too?

Yeah, STEs have the what I call "backwards" taillights

I have a grand prix Le and it had the stripped cluster but I upgraded it, oh yeah and not all the STE's came with the 3.4 , it was also available with the 3.1.

I have a grand prix Le and it had the stripped cluster but I upgraded it, oh yeah and not all the STE's came with the 3.4 , it was also available with the 3.1.

No one said they did. I have a 90 STE with 3.1L 91-93 had the DOHC

With the brake light on the bottom and the center bar. Giving an all across lightbar look on the rear at night with the tails lit

Yeah, I hate that look. Fucking retarded. We'll see how my STE looks when I swap the "normal" taillights and center piece over this coming week

okay I dont know where some of you guys are getting your info but okay not going to rip on you

The GP STE was made from 90-93

standard was the 3.1L in all Years with Choice of 5spd or auto

the Turbo STE was only in 90 and only 1000 made

The 91-93 could get a 3.4 Dohc

91-92 could get the 5spd with the dohc 92 only about 127 3.4 5spds made

what sets it apart is the Sound system, Seats, storage compartment styles in the Doors, keyless entry, Diver informaion center and the guage package all standard.

They did not have the FE3 Suspension they Had the Y99 Rally Tuned suspension

and im not Sure if they all came with the Quick Ratio Steering like the Turbos did.

they also came with 16x 6.5 rims and in 90 they had 215x60x16 GoodYears and in 91 they upped the size to 225x60x16

they also had a storage compartment on the back dash that has a cover.

The one thing thay did not put in was Cup holders unless you count the two on the Glove box door..... Special Touring edition yeah Putting the ED back into Special :lol:

They did not have the FE3 Suspension they Had the Y99 Rally Tuned suspension

Y99 is FE3 plus a little more. And, my STE has both RPO codes, FE3 and Y99

Guest TurboSedan
With the brake light on the bottom and the center bar. Giving an all across lightbar look on the rear at night with the tails lit

Yeah, I hate that look. Fucking retarded. We'll see how my STE looks when I swap the "normal" taillights and center piece over this coming week

you don't like the rear light bar? i always thought they looked way better than the regular GP tailights.

you don't like the rear light bar? i always thought they looked way better than the regular GP tailights.

No way. I hate that the turn signals are bigger than the brake lights....who needs a turn signal that big, I mean seriously. I love the taillings on my 92....which what Im swapping over

Leather was an option

I know STEs got the full gauges. I was replying to the question of what other gauges. I've seen plenty of sedans with base gauges. Like mine. I think maybe it was an LE thing?

I believe it was rather standard on the LE's, but it is rumored that the cluster was an option. I've never seen an SE with a stripped cluster but it is possible.

Guest Anonymous

The rear light bar looks much better than the standard 2 door arrangement. However, the front lightbar is the gayest thing ever. What is so bad about the bar in the back?

The rear light bar looks much better than the standard 2 door arrangement. However, the front lightbar is the gayest thing ever. What is so bad about the bar in the back?

I think they look cool. I can see why people woun't like it though, cause the standard SE style is cleaner looking. Plus the main part is amber :?