remove armrest without breaking it?

godofthunder

Ok...my armrest broke a while ago, and i was lucky to find a tan one at the yard yesterday in good condition.

Im switching the covers now...so i can have my black one on the nice one with all the plastic there.

How can i remove the peice of plastic thats still in the console, and more so, how do I put this armrest back in, without breaking anything?

jon

no

theres the first screw, when you extend the cig tray out at the top. I removed that. I then removed the cig tray, and removed the screw behind it, attaching the metal clip.

Then, basicly pushed the console apart, so I could slide in the new armrest, and the little peices of plastic that held it open.

I may this weekend take some more pics so I can make a write up on it.

And, hrm. I did find some red and blue ones I think there...but didnt look twice when I saw the old interior. They were cloth. If I get time maybe saturday, I can maybe get back there, or if not, next week sometime.

jon

i just got the arm rest.

The console that was there, I looked at it, caus I was about 5 minutes from taking the tan leather and the tan armrest, and doing a tan/black interior. The thing that held me back is that some ass went and sliced both front seats all the way down the front, and then the backs of both. The back seat was ok, but had a tear from where idiots threw the interior trim arround.

I did get from this car a keyless module, gas door spring, and rear tail light.

I took the good botom of this tan armrest, put it on my black, and put it back in. I still have the tan armrest top (in good condition i might add), and a broken bottom. I dont need it if thats what you want.

I dont knwo when ill go again, prob later than 3 weeks. Ill take oreders a few days in advance...and possibly phone numbers so I can call yall from there.

jon

Guest Anonymous

I actually fixed my broken console lid where it cracked at the lid, and has held up for a good six months now. Anyone else have success (sp?) with this?

When i had my prix, me and my dad were gonna head out to his shop and make up a few hinge assemblies out of either aluminum or steel, but that idea has been scrapped, along with the GP.

I'm planning on fixing mine, I have the 2 pieces, looks like I can put it back together with JB weld and back up the fix with a long bolt and nut. I'll do that tomorrow...ill take pekturez too