I'm REALLY starting to hate brake dust!!

gmrulz4u

I have brand-new(refinished) 16" international aluminum rims on my 89 Cutlass and love them! BUT, I hate the damn brake dust! It seems to find it's way into the few gaps that the rims actually have...even after I go through a car wash(non-touchless) the dust is STILL there!

I always have to use a rag and some spray on wheel cleaner...and it's really hard to get my fingers in all the crevises of the rim to clean the dust off...plus it's really hard on the legs, back and knees!!

So, I've done searches on ceramic brake pads and of course it's another one of those topics where one person says they suck and the next person says they're awsome etc....

So what's the real answer!??

THANKS!:)

HA!!! People laughed at me when I said these wheels are a major PITA to clean. Now I have proof I'm not the only one that feels this way!

Anyway, I don't really have any solutions. I've heard ceramic pads don't have any grabbing power and feels like stopping without power brakes. On the other hand, I've heard good things about the EBC Greenstuff although I don't know what it's made of.

trust me here don't go with ceramic pads

imo, oem ac delco pads are much better than crap bosch ceramic pads

waxing your wheels does help. they're easier to keep clean with just car soap

even after I go through a car wash(non-touchless) the dust is STILL there!

I wouldn't go through the car wash number 1. It can't reach where your hands can and it doesn't pay attention to spots that might need more attention to get clean.

JC Whitney sells dust covers for your wheels to keep the rims clean, you just put them under the rims and they sheild them from the dust. I think they're like $20 for two.

You sure those green stuff pads are really worth 60$!? I sometimes wonder if my car is worth that much :| . How long do they last? How big of an improvment are they over i pair of auto zone crap pads. I'm also looking for some pads at the moment, but I dont have lots of money :(

I hear ya, Zach!

$60 for pads, and not even a warranty?!?!

I just can't bring myself to spend it, I decided to buy easy-to-clean wheels instead. :lol: As often as W-bodies go through brake pads, I just buy a $25 set with Lifetime Warranty and replace them for free when they get low.

You sure those green stuff pads are really worth 60$!? I sometimes wonder if my car is worth that much :| . How long do they last? How big of an improvment are they over i pair of auto zone crap pads. I'm also looking for some pads at the moment, but I dont have lots of money :(
i have some orielly auto parts store brake pads on my car i think they are thermo quiets or something i'm upgradeing to some 95+ z34 brakes on my car so i may get the tire rack rotors and things :?

Anyone that i have talked to that has/had EBC said they were great. I'm gonna be ordering a set for the front and rear sometime soon, i need ultra low dust pads.