Got my ST lowering springs and KYB struts on last night!!!!!

AWeb80

Holy cow does my car look good now. It lowed the front a FULL inch.

It rides so nice now...(considering my stock struts were totally gone to shit, no seals left in them....oil was everywhere in side the assembly.

I took pics, but it will be a while before I get them up.

The front is actually 1/16" lower than ther rear......I can believe how much of a diference it made.

I recommend it to all!!!

The front is actually 1/16" lower than ther front......I can believe how much of a diference it made.

You don't say....

Smart Ass....i meant to say rear....its been a long day already.....got to bed late too.

LOL, thats what I had figured, but just pointing it out.

I have the same combo as you, and i like them alot (ST springs and KYB's). I'd recommend them as much as you do.

i take it you put the ST springs on the Grand Prix?

i'd definately like to see a pic.

Yes Josh, that is Correct

And I will get pics asap.....don't have the digi-cam software installed on my comp...so i'll have to develop the film and scan them....Kinda sucks.

yeah, I'm pullin' apart the front suspension in my car, so I was thinkin' of upgrading.. anyone know the prices for these? (and will they fit the Z-34's?)

--Dave

Guest Anonymous

There is actually supposed to be some oil in there. It's to help dissipate heat away from the strut cartridge and prolong it's life.

yeah, I'm pullin' apart the front suspension in my car, so I was thinkin' of upgrading.. anyone know the prices for these? (and will they fit the Z-34's?)

--Dave

Ok, the springs were $90 shipped from http://www.jcwhitney.com....they took a week to ship.

The struts are KYB cartriges I got from Tirerack.com.....I got the

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?category=Shocks&scat=Shocks&category=BootMount&scat=BootMount&autoMake=Pontiac&autoModel=Grand+Prix+SE+Coupe&autoModClar=&autoYear=1994&brand=all&perfcat=premium&x=100&y=18

-Struts $35 (each)

-New strut mounts $26 (each)

-Strut boots $12 (each) (which i did not need to use so I am returning them)

With the total being ~$160....and that includes the shipping.....I ordered them on a tuesday at noon and they came on thursday.

that oil is normally in there when the mechanics pull the original struts out they just leave the oil in there.

Why the hell would they do that, the guy that helped me do it is the Mechanic I bought the Cutty from and we dumped the oil out and cleaned it out.........BTW, the oil was from my bad struts anyway....like I said before, the struts were so far gone, that the seals weren't even there and they looked like HELL.

The only suspension I had on the front since the struts were bad were just the springs.....ya, it was a see-saw ride.

how difficult was the installation? How long did it take?

We didn't really rush too bad so I took us a tad over 3 hours.

I did a lot of bs'n about this site and such.....and alot of discussing about the plastic intake manifol/EGR vavle problem on the series II 3.8 motors...he's replaced 3 motors recently from the POS manifold because the coolant flows right into the cylinders and locks the whole motor up.

He has actually owned 2 w-body's himself and his GF has a 95 Cutty right now, its green with tan leather interior.

hey man they sound nice :D

would you have a direct link to these springs on jc whitney???,i went on the site and have know clue where to look LOL.

is that $90 dollars just for the front???,im not to sure on grand prix's if they have that big leaf spring on the back like the regals,cuttys do???