Does anyone else have this or know what it is?

MommyTaz022200

Ok, I didn't want to get paint on my door panels while I paint them so I figured I'll take all the panels off. (I had to on the passenger side cause the worthless door handle clip fell off like 10 minutes after I fixed it last time)

Anyway, on my driver side door I got the trim off and under the trim clipped to the door is a light bulb holder with a burnt out bulb in it. The holder is gray and has a cover like thing over the other end to cover the bulb. I can't see anything that would line up with the thing that is lit up. The really weird thing is that one end connects to the wiring and the other end has a wire that goes inside the door into a little plastic tube and ends there. What is the damn thing for? If it's important I'd replace the bulb but I don't know if it's important or not.

Also, how do you get the little plastic clips to stay on so the door handle works? When I bought the car it was broke, I got a new one and it fell off right away.

That's the fiberoptic bulb and cable for the illuminated key lock cylender. The bulb is the same one for your turn signal I think. Sidemarker taillights too.

I thought the same.. but I've only seen that on a coupe?

Wow, I never heard of the fiber optic key ring. I learn something new every day!

Yeah, 2drs used a plastic ring with green LED embedded.

I've only seen it on 4 door GP's.... At first on the STE's .. To which I thought is was specific to the STE, and later I found out it was typical for all GP 4 doors 88-96 that had the lighted keyring... It strictly a bulb holder wqith a fiber optic light cable extending from one end.

All LE and SE sedans got it. The coupes got the LED'd version for a short while. 89-93.

Short while? Funny... '95 Cutlass Coupes got it standard. I sure bet 96 and 97 did too.

All LE and SE sedans got it. The coupes got the LED'd version for a short while. 89-93.

Short while? Funny... '95 Cutlass Coupes got it standard. I sure bet 96 and 97 did too.

I'm thinking Prix's. Sorry.