STE Keyless Entry Question

Robby1870

So, I checked the RPO codes today on the STE and everything right, except it said it should have Keyless entry/remote trunk. Problem is, there was no keyless entry thingy on the keys I got and thats the only keys the dealer had. So, can I go to the dealer and get a new keyless entry button thingy or how does that work? Thanks

ebay has remotes up the ying yang!! Thats where I got mine. Just program it in (5 second job)

But odds are you have a bad keyless reciever. Thats where I step in. I have like half a dozen ones I can send ya, one's bound to work!

I have like half a dozen ones I can send ya, one's bound to work!

Is there any way you can be positive of one working? I bought a FOB a little while back, but I'm not sure if it's the FOB that doesn't work (replaced the batteries to make sure), or the receiver. I have 3 receivers myself. Two don't do anything when I ground the wire in the back, and the original cycles through the doors and trunk release, but won't program the FOB for some reason.

I just bought a brand new FOB from eBay. Well....it's from a '96 company car, but it's the second set of keys to it, which were never used (he sent me the keys, and everything). Hopefully, that eliminates the possibility of the FOB being the issue. I went to program it, and now even the original receiver won't do anything when I ground it. A bit frustrating to say the least. If I could get a receiver that works for sure, it would help pinpoint what the problem is.

There is a plug in the trunk near the power antenna. It is a single black wire. Ground that and the doors should unlock and the trunk solenoid should pop. If they don't, the module is bad. 8) (Brian told me all this last night :lol: )

Guest Anonymous

I have 10 receivers here that don't work and 3 fobs. I went to a 75%w-body j/y yesterday and found one receiver. $5, took it home and the damn thing actually works. I also found one of my 3 fobs while I was there.

Robby, if you ground your receiver and it works let me know. I'll test my extra fobs and maybe send ya one.

I have 10 receivers here that don't work and 3 fobs. I went to a 75%w-body j/y yesterday and found one receiver. $5, took it home and the damn thing actually works. I also found one of my 3 fobs while I was there.

Robby, if you ground your receiver and it works let me know. I'll test my extra fobs and maybe send ya one.

Okay, cool. By grounding, just connect the two wires in the plug? Or ground one of the wires to the frame?

Guest Anonymous

It's a single wire hanging in the area of your antenna. Ground it to the ground screw by the antenna. You'll know what I mean when you look. If the locks/trunk release cycles it is good.