Re-locating coil packs

slick

Any tips on doing this? I know mine are new, but hell, might as well relocate them with the extra time that I have now. Any suggestions on where to relocate them too are taken into consideration.

I don't think that i would put them in my trunk neccessarily. I would just put them somewhere else in the engine bay, where there easier to access.

EDIT: This is someone's coil packs 201055_55.jpg

Patgizz relocated his battery to the trunk, so he put his coil packs there. I might even relocate them underneath the air filter, on that metal plate.

i think brian was referring to the battery in the trunk. mine's tucked away in the spare tire well. coils are on the old battery tray. i think brian89gp put his coils up on the pass side strut tower somewhere.

whatever you do, dont remove the heat shield from the front exhaust manifold, ive got heat soak issues now with my starter, need to put a heat shield back on the manifold or one on the solenoid.

slick, you dont need to wait for me to see a topic, if you have a question about anything ive done just shoot me a PM i don't mind. i dont get a chance to read most of the topics here because i'm busy 99% of the time.

Well, thanks. Yeah, i'm stuck inbetween wether to put it under the passenger side brace(wouldn't have to mess with the wires much) or locating them on the metal plate near the battery(would just have to turn the wires around, no biggy).

why would you want to relocate them to the trunk? would you have 20 foot long spark plug wires?? think about the voltage drop

Ah, FINALLY someone got it :lol:

why would you want to relocate them to the trunk? would you have 20 foot long spark plug wires?? think about the voltage drop

Ah, FINALLY someone got it :lol:

I was wondering what you were talking about....