battery move

cryptnix

:lol:

but yes today i spent $108 for a new MAF sensor and $130 for a red top optima battery...

:roll:

and i still have a sluggish feeling but can't win them all ... just the car seemed so peppy when i first got her ...

WHERE THE HELL IS THAT L67!

If I were going to move the battery, which I am, but thats another story, I'd recommend just moving it to the trunk. It effectively doubles its weight in the rear of the car. The weight off the front wheels, and the weight on the back wheels. I think the car would handle just that much better.

Heh, I don't have to worry about that in the Bonneville. The battery is located UNDER the rear seat on the passenger side, along with the computer. You can still jump start the car from under the hood. I have no idea why GM decided to put the battery there, but access to it is fairly simple. Just pop off the cushion.

Aaron

I have everything to run mine to the trunk, the only problems I am coming up with is getting the wire from under the hood into the cab, and then mounting the battery box. Wherever I put the box, its going to be in the way of the spare tire well cover, and it looks like a major pain in the ass to tighten down the metal stakes that will hold the battery from rattleing.

I have everything to run mine to the trunk, the only problems I am coming up with is getting the wire from under the hood into the cab, and then mounting the battery box. Wherever I put the box, its going to be in the way of the spare tire well cover, and it looks like a major pain in the ass to tighten down the metal stakes that will hold the battery from rattleing.

Thats why you make your own brackets.

Thats why you make your own brackets.

:oops: smartass

Sorry, but thats what i plan on doing.

sounds like I will be doing the same, I just have to get around to it. I want to get a mands CAI but it wont be on my car for long, and I dont want to pay for it to be there for only a short period of time.

If I were going to move the battery, which I am, but thats another story, I'd recommend just moving it to the trunk. It effectively doubles its weight in the rear of the car. The weight off the front wheels, and the weight on the back wheels. I think the car would handle just that much better.

Thatas what i'm planning on doin in a while.....since I have 4ga. wire already ran back to the trunk for my Stereo.

• 3 months later...

well if mine looks decent would anyone be interested in one for themselves?

i seriously do not see why people just don't use fucking PVC ... its cheap, and hell it tollerates heat pretty well!!

but i was just currious to those who helped me ... for what fuse I should use for this and if a 175 amp fuse is plenty enough ...

still haven't done anything ... daddy said if i am todo anything to my car todo it correctly ...

i said ok just to be a good boy ... his name is still on my car anyway... paid $5200 @ 92,000 miles ... wierd 4,000 miles more the thing blew up!

I need to move my battery to the trunk so the turbo will fit. I was told to use an Optima battery because you dont need to seal it or run a vent tube. Also you should use 0/1 gauge copper stranded wire. Let me know if anyone moves your battery