AC overhaul prices

cutlsp

Is 550-1200 too much for an ac overhaul?  

1. 1. Is 550-1200 too much for an ac overhaul?

... I voted no, but here's my reasoning behind that..

for a whole AC overhaul, you'd need a new condensor, compressor, receiver/dryer, hoses, and evaporator core, plus you'd have to put it all in, which can be a task in itself.

I could imagine replacing EVERYTHING it would get very expensive, very quickly, honestly, get a compressor, hoses and a condensor from the j-yard, and then from a parts store get a new receiver/driyer, and evaporator, then do the work yourself, it's not that dificult, just really time consuming.

--Dave.

Fix it yourself. By the time you purchased the tools you need to fix the AC and the AC parts, you are still ahead.

I've done it and now I've got all the tools I need to service all AC in our vehicles.

Guest Anonymous

I just got the car back today... total came out to 550. It needed a new condenser and a hose, I think. Was much less then the original 1200 estimate... at least the AC now works, but when it blows out, it smells like high fructose corn syrup.