Stock Radio

C-REX

How much power watts does my 92 lumina radio have, how much power does each channel put out? oh ya when i crank it with the bass hell u the stupid thing goes off and on, im guess its not gettin enough pwer?? should i put in a lower amp fuse in. what type of speaker should i upgrade to 6x9 and 5x1/4s.

No, they put out around 15-20 watts.

I'm guessing you have the Bose system if your having problems like that with it. Remove all of that before you upgrade anything.

Upgrade the HU before the speakers. My stock speakers sounded 10x better when I got my Kenwood CD player, and when I upgraded my speakers (MTX 6x9, Infinity 6.5 doors, JBL 4x6 dash) it sounded better but not as great as I hoped.

I've got the factory head unit, and Sony 6x9's in the rear, and some aftermarket in front, not sure on the make. But I can tell you this, my stereo in this car sounds a lot better than the stereo in my mom's 02 Grand Prix w/ the EQ. I have had a couple people ask what brand of head unit I had and didn't believe that it was stock. Not sure what the previous owner has done to make it sound that good, but whatever she did, good job.