Rubbing One Out

93CutlassSupreme

no..

Put it on with the Orbital.... Take the Excess off by Hand (one Towel) and then do the final buff with the Orbital and plenty of clean Terry towels.. You can lay the terry towel flat on the surface of the car and out the orbital on top if it. When you turn it on the towel will spin with the pad... When the towel starts to leave swirl marks , flip it over. When both sides are dirty. Get a clean one and start over. Repeat until the entire car is done.

It should not require you more then 4 pads and 15 towels. To which you can wash and dry for use the next time around.

alright let me get this straight.....with a clean pad/towel, i put the stuff on, then do i use the same pad/towel or another one to take it off?

thanks again

i saw some 3M swirl mark remover at the store, i'm thinking about using that over regular polish. anyone use this stuff before?

The buffer my friend gave me for a christmas gift finally came out of the box today. It operates at 2600 rpm and came with a terry cloth pad cover and a synthetic wool pad cover. Here is a pic:

DSC01235.JPG

Am I right when I say 2600 rpms are too fast? Also, which pad should I use to apply and remove?