PLease read(need help)

Big Blue

Hi there

today i had to replace the signal switch on my 1990 buick regal,everything went okey untill i found theses to wires green/baghe with black strip.It went up into the steering column.so i cut both those wires and striped them and then the same on the new harness and solderd them together. :D

Now what are these two wires for,are there any websites out there that can tell me what each colour wire is for?????

Okay

the hole reason i did this project was because my left hand turn signal went out on me, one day it just started to smoke :shock:.So i've been driving like this for 8+ months with no left hand turn siganl :lol:.But also my 4 ways didn't work as well.so i thought when i had replaced this switch they would have????

also,on my old flicker my wiper delay switch would'ed work either :? and guess what it doesn't work on this one also :(

so can any of you guys please help me out and do you think the new switch/flicker is Fucked.I got it at the junk yard

Kyle 8)

just relax ...

at least i anwered ...

with no answer! ;-( Sorry ... just trying to make you laugh ... didn't mean to piss you off!

Yeah i'll give you that,you atleast replyed :D

im still in shock that this is w-body of america and in all of the us know one could answer my question's :shock:

the 4 ways not working is more of a problem besides the signal switch. The signal switch just dubs as the spot where the 4-way on/off switch is located. Have you checked to see if your flasher is there? 4 ways have a separate one.

The 2 wires are for the buzzer switch (key in ignition warning) you did the right thing by rewiring them, but I normally pop the pins out of the old signal switch harness and install them into the new one.

The wiper delay switch is next to the signal switch (where the stalk plugs into) this may be at fault. It's replaced just like the signal switch is, just be careful to install the new one correctly where it pushes the tab for the hi-beam actuator rod.

HTH.

Guest TurboSedan
no one :cry:

just a hint - people seem to respond better to a subject heading that is a little more specific.

sorry i can't help - i replaced my entire column to fix the switch (tilt mechanism in my column was FUBAR anyway).

ask DiscoStudd, he was talking about steering colums and turn signal switches and shit

I've never actually taken an older (88-93) W column apart. Both my cars have the newer "saginaw" style column. The 94-96 (95-01 Lumina also) columns are very similar to most other GM "saginaw" columns from around 81 to 99 (the only difference is where the dimmer switch is located and how the wiper switch connects to the turn signal switch.) I really have no idea how to tear apart a 88-93 W column. Aside from a regular saginaw, I could tell you how to tear apart a column on a 91-94 Cavalier :wink: . Sorry I couldn't be of any help :( ...

the 4 ways not working is more of a problem besides the signal switch. The signal switch just dubs as the spot where the 4-way on/off switch is located. Have you checked to see if your flasher is there? 4 ways have a separate one.

The 2 wires are for the buzzer switch (key in ignition warning) you did the right thing by rewiring them, but I normally pop the pins out of the old signal switch harness and install them into the new one.

The wiper delay switch is next to the signal switch (where the stalk plugs into) this may be at fault. It's replaced just like the signal switch is, just be careful to install the new one correctly where it pushes the tab for the hi-beam actuator rod.

HTH.

Hey man you really know what im talking about :D

so this flasher looks kind of like a big fuse on those old radio's,tv's((it's silver)).

now the wiper delay,what im i looking for is it just a big ass plug like what the signal switch pluged into.

I know what you mean buy the HI-beam actuator rod,i wasn't able to drive all night because that rod had come up :x

Hey man you really know what im talking about :D

so this flasher looks kind of like a big fuse on those old radio's,tv's((it's silver)).

now the wiper delay,what im i looking for is it just a big ass plug like what the signal switch pluged into.

I know what you mean buy the HI-beam actuator rod,i wasn't able to drive all night because that rod had come up :x

Yeah it looks like them old fuses, 2 prongs on the backside of it. Remember where the signal switch harness attaches itself to the main harness of the column? The OPPOSITE side of that is the wiper control switch harness- looks nearly identical (1 row of wires)