Sparkomatic Audio In

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

When I bought my 95 GT, the owner had installed a sparkomatic "audio in" unit so that they could connect it to a tape player (the car has a CD player.) However, I noticed that the connector is hanging down from behind the cd player. I would like to fix this so that I can hook my iPod up to it... anyone have any ideas on it and where this plug should go? is there an "audio input" in the back of the CD player???

I'm assuming you have the factory CD deck installed. If your Head Unit (HU) has an "AUX" button, then that's what the "audio in" device is connected (or should be connected) to. Check out Installer.com. They sell other Auxillary Input adapters that connect directly to factory radios. On your Pontiac CD HU, the AUX connector on the back is used to connect up a single under-dash tape deck.

Here's a pic of what the connector looks like. It is the 9-pin connector on the right. The pic is from my 96 Lumina's factory tape deck, but the Pontiac's should be the exact same.

I'd say try hooking it back up, hook up your iPod to it, turn everything on and press the "AUX" button. If that doesn't work, buy a new AUX Input adapter...