95 Monte Carlo Brake light problem

Project91z28

My rear brake lights are not working on my 95 monte carlo. The third brake light works fine, the running lights and turn signals are fine as well. I saw two switches on the brake pedal. A lower switch with two plugs, and an upper switch with one plug. I tried replacing the lower switch with no luck, this was the one listed as a brake light switch for my car. I'm not sure what the upper switch is. Any suggestions guys?

Why, yes I did! Here's the quote:

Just replaced the signal switch in the wife's Loomie a couple of months ago. When you activated the left signal, you could hear the flasher make a clicking sound way faster than usual, and it wouldn't blink unless you pulled ever so slightly on the lever (not far enough to change beams, though.)

When I had the column apart, I noticed that the bracket that connects the multifunction stalk/wiper switch to the turn signal switch is metal, and the body of the signal switch is plastic.

It seems that years of tugging on the lever to switch on the high beams pulled the top of the contacts away from the bottom part. There was no easy way to fix the switch itself, so I just replaced it.

Here's another:

Replace the turn signal switch. The telltale sign is the 3rd brake light lighting up and the others not lighting up. The left and right brake lights are routed through the TS switch, the 3rd is not.

I know I mentioned the brake light issue in another post, but I was having the same problem you're having (at the same time the signal was acting goofy.)

Here's the pic of the switch with the column apart:

signalsw.JPG