Whatsup all New user I need help with my new w-body!!!!!!!!!

Guest shrtysdvs

Guest shrtysdvs

Hey all I am new here and I just got my first car it is a 1996 Bucik Regal Custom. I was wondering what was wrong with my gas because when i put 5 bucks in the tank i can only drive for about an hour. I have the V6 3800. Is this normal or is something wrong?

Should be getting better gas mileage than that. How is it running aside from that? Service engine light on? I full tuneup might be a good idea. Change all the fluids and filters.

Guest shrtysdvs

Yea the service engine light is on. the dealer said nothing was wrong and that the engine light is just a way for the dealerships to make 70 bucks to turn it off. What should i check?

Yea the service engine light is on. the dealer said nothing was wrong and that the engine light is just a way for the dealerships to make 70 bucks to turn it off. What should i check?

Have an autozone near you? Get that light checked see what the code is.

Welcome to the board shrtysdvs...Autozone will check it for free just like the message said above. I can't believe the dealer said some bullshit like that :shock: .

lets see....5 bucks of gas is what 2.5 gallons, roughly. At 30mpg on the highway thats 75 miles on 5 dollars. So, if you drive 75 for one hour, you'd be outta gas. At 20mpg thats 50 miles, so if you drive 50 miles in town you'd be outta gas. I think you have a heavy foot

Yeah with the SES light on it could be a number of problems... possibly your MAF isn't working which your engine would be running too rich- something you might not notice unless your car smells gassy.

Guest shrtysdvs

Thanks for the replies. I will take it to an Auto Zone tommorow. I just want to start spending less for gas. Its burning a hole in my pocket