C200 Problem

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am trying to wire an 88-93 DIC into my 95 GP GT... the slot to the far right seems to be used with what looks to me like the DIC pre-wring for the 95 DIC... i am kind of stumped here... what should I do?

I have a pic but am trying to get it on here...

Guest Anonymous

I could seriously benefit from a 94-96 GP wiirng diagram of the c200, becuase it appears that they are somewhat different from 88-93... The far right spot is used up already.

Ross,

Have you checked to see if the GP already has the connectors installed for the DIC-HUD???

The pic you took shows all the wire on the right side because that end of the C200 is the main side that sends all the wires up into the dash.

What you need to do is take the center screw out and pull the C200 apart. Swing the top part out of your way and look at the half that is still attached to the firewall... This is the connector part you will change, Not the one you took a pic of.

Guest Anonymous

The car is already wired for the HUD and DIC. I already have the HUD operating, all the prewiring was there and it was an easy install. The wiring for the DIC was found behind the cubby as well, and I have traced all these bundles back to that portion of the C200. I will take apart the C200 tomorrow and take it from there- hopefully i will find the correct slot.

I still need a wiring harness for the 88-93 DIC. I will pay top dollar for one!

Ross,

Ok so the car is Pre-wired for the 94-95 DIC and HUD.. That means you can not just plug in the 88-96 without disrupting the operation of the HUD.. If you want to use the 88-93 DIc you will have to hardwire it in

Other wise you can use the 94-94 DIC and just plug it right in in 10 min.

Guest Anonymous

That was the plan, to hardwire the 88-93 DIC into the C200. The plug is there for the 94-95 DIC, and I would like to operate both as well. In order to hardwire the older DIC, I have to follow the instructions on your page, correct? Can I run both at the same time?

Ross,

Yep you will need to find all the wires on the 94 that pertain to the wireing charts on my site in order to hook up the older DIC... I think if you do it right you will be able to get the 88-93 DIC to work.. on NOTE .. on the 88-93 DIC's fuel GA wire you will need to tie it in at the C200 in order for it to work right.

Guest Anonymous

Ok, so then I am cutting into the existing DIC wires and not connecting to the C200 except for the fuel wire? Would I be able to run the 94-95 DIC as well?

Let me get this once more- I take the wires running from the 88-93 DIC and splice them into the 94-95 DIC wires and run the fuel one into the C200?

-R

yea just makle sure you tag the right wires... If the wires you are looking for are not there .. then you can use the service manual to locate em in the dash..

yes you should.. But the only thing is that you'll be getting the same reading out of 2 different devices.. The 88-93 DIC has more features.

Guest Anonymous

Im a bit skeptical about cutting into my wires... I may just go with putting in the 94-95 DIC. It may not be nice, but I dont want to mess up my car either :(

Unless I can find a wiring harness and actually get the nerve to cut wires, I guess I might abandon the project and work on a spoiler and front end swap...

Ross,

Yopu don't have to CUT the existing wires on your car... You can TEE in the 88-93 DIC harness wires into your car's existing wiring.

2 ways:

Using T-Spilces

Or using a T Connector

When I wired mine up, it screwed with the HUD occasionally. Again, I didn't wire it up in the C200.. I wired it up with the exsisting DIC harness.

Guest Anonymous

I will just have to see what happens when I wire that damn thing in once i find a harness. If it starts messing with the HUD alot, I'll just detach it, end of story...

I'm also going to be working on a spoiler project and brake lights, so when all this is complete I wont even want to hear about wires! :x