no fuel pressure?

gp90se

exactly what the title says, i drove the car last week, no problems, went 2 start it 2day. cranks over real good but theres 0 fuel comming out of the valve on the fuel rail. the fuel pump was done last year by the previous owner, ive swapped the relay and fuse. I am about to go check to make sure theres power getting to the fuel pump. if the fuel filter was clogged, wouldnt I be getting a little fuel? Is there anything stupid that I might be missing?

-Jeff

Have you tried supplying power to the fuel pump test terminal(by the remote positive terminal) to see if the pump would run? I've personally never seen a clogged fuel filter completely stop a car from getting pressure/running. Anyways, even if the pump was done a year ago, it could have went bad or a connection to the pump itself could have came loose. I recently fixed a similar problem on a early 90's Caprice..turns out the person who replaced the fuel pump about 6 months prior didn't bother making very good connections to the new fuel pump.

I would listen for it. I don't know about your guys but BOTH of my TGP's have a pretty loud whine to them. Not too loud, just like, "hey, asshole, here I am!!!" Both are AC pumps though, no cheap parts here.

I thought I should be able 2 hear it, i did check the connections, seemed to be fine.

theres a 4 wire connection, yellow, red, green and black I think, the red is pos and the black is neg, correct?

also, whats the part # in case I do have to drop down my tank (which is 3/4 full :x ).

-Jeff

I thought I should be able 2 hear it, i did check the connections, seemed to be fine.

theres a 4 wire connection, yellow, red, green and black I think, the red is pos and the black is neg, correct?

also, whats the part # in case I do have to drop down my tank (which is 3/4 full :x ).

-Jeff

mfewtrail said to use the remote jumper wire to test this before you get out there too far, so do it :twisted: :lol: And the rest of what was suggested should get you there in short order, just know when the ignition is first turned on the ECM will fire the pump for 5 seconds, then stop waiting for the oil pressure to come up/oil pressure switch to complete the fuel pump feed and let the engine run.

Back to pearl painting for me.

Jeff M

Well, i started it today, and it ran....for about 5 seconds then died. There was a puff of air that came out of the valve, and a smell of fuel. I still didnt hear the pump but why would it start at all without any pressure.

-Jeff

What about the fuel pressure regulator? A Lumina I know of did the same thing. Had no problems running what so ever, then when he went to leave my apartment, the thing would just crank and crank, and not turn over. He had it towed, and found out it needed a replacement FPR.