pics of my TGP

R Dubya

472752_1_full.jpg

Haha. I got it working. Sorry I had to post this. I've never shown my car on either netavalanche or here. Thats my 89. Whatcha think without the gold wheels?

Heres a closer pic of my 5 spokes. Notice the missing valence panel. I tried to pass over all of the dings and chips and damage to the nose. Looks good from the side I think.

472752_2.jpg

Kinda a shitty shot of the engine.. but doesn't look bad for 160K does it?

472752_3_full.jpg

Another side shot

472752_4_full.jpg

Yeah, I wish that I could use the crosslace wheels. I hit a massive piece of sheet metal in the road one night, it fucked up two of my wheels bad. Flat spots on them that broke the beads and ruined my tires. I beat the flat spots out but still shimmied when driving, so I wanted a smooth ride, went with the 5 spokes.

i bought them at a place called interstate auto parts. about 30 mins from where I live. I believe they came from a 93, maybe newer GP. I got a deal and they grew on me. I don't think I will go back to crosslace on this car.

Man, that makes me realize, the wheels really do make the car. I like it, don't get me wrong. But it just doesn't look like a TGP.

Agreed, I looked at it and thought for a second 91-93 GP until I looked closer and see the front end/headlight and the badge. 8)

BTW, what color is your TGP? It doesn't appear to the be the stock red to me, but it could just be the pictures??????

It's in kinda rough shape. The paint on all the plastic is pretty much a darker color than the rest of the car. I've never painted it, but I think at least the nose was done before I bought it. It's a nice red, don't know if its stock.

This winter I plan on giving it the teardown, clean up and rebuild. It will look much better when I get done with it, I just don't want to do everything twice. It is a little dull under there I will admit.

god that is beautiful :shock:

I like those rims on a TGP :D ...gives me some ideas

Only complaint is...i don't like it without the front valance

I think if I got a set of those for cheap I would put them on no questions asked. After seeing that I'm actually thinking of looking for a set so I don't mess up the x-laces on the auto. They were completely rebuilt by Indy Wheel, cost the p/o $300. (keep them for shows only) BUT!!! I would have to polish them first. I think it would look badass polished.

Guest Anonymous

I saw his car in person. Wow, what a POS!!!!!!!!!!! That thing was f'n awful looking.

J/K HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Actually it looks real good in person.

Someday it will look real nice. I just need to get some time to pull the front end off and repair the cracks and shit. And then get rid of all the dings and shit.. the camera really does make it look a lot better than what it actually is.

But anyway... :flip: :roll:

Someday it will look real nice. I just need to get some time to pull the front end off and repair the cracks and shit. And then get rid of all the dings and shit.. the camera really does make it look a lot better than what it actually is.

But anyway... :flip: :roll: :lol:

He is just shitten you, few TGPs come looking clean specially the engine bay, but after some fun cleaning and painting and such, she will have what it takes under her dress to show off her hot block. After an obsessive amount of time, you can make it look too good to put back in the engine bay :naughty: :

TSTEnewEng2.jpg

Jeff M

Well, to me this is a very big surprise being able to say its my motor/TSTE, this is the first time getting some work done to one of my cars in a very long time :oops:. I have done up several TGPs here local, quite a few drive-ins from other states, and big work that I have done for others in the past like that engine in the pic. I was also testing blue pearl painting of some aluminum parts (acid etch primer for metal and aluminum) as well as ARP now has a large selection of metric stainless fasteners that I am trying, and making hand notes on the entire engine disassembly, inspection, modifications and reassembly, to go with the kits I have. But this is getting off topic, to the point, (eventually for most/doing this much detail work) its fun and worth it to really do up these cars, and to enjoy them trouble free for a long time.

8)

Jeff M