Busted me azz...Buffed w/Mirror glaze and follow up'd w/ NXT

Givemebreak

Couple of photos...was gettin dark...

Machine buffed it today with Meguair's Machine Mirror Glaze

and followed it up with Meguair's NXT Tech wax....

and I also removed the pinstriping.....it was all weathered..

Ya like?!?!?

Im beat....going to bed!

Mirror03.jpg

Mirror01.jpg

Mirror02.jpg

Yeah I gotta remove my pinstriping too, I just started working on taking off the badges. How exactly did you do it without scratching or anything?

somebody made a write up on removing badges but i can't find it.

i'd also be interersted in finding out how to remove badges

Air hammer. :lol: Heat? A hairdryer should ge it hot enough to loosen up the adhesive. Then use alcohol or goo-gone to remove the glue.

Whatever you do DON'T use a fucking heat gun... see page 3 of car domain for the woundage.

good job! NXT gives a great shine, almost to the point that I cant wait to get rid of my Megs PRo stuff!

Did you clay at all?

Im sure that car looks 10x beter in person.

Also, some other tops. Those wheels look a little grey...did they get a good cleaning? Also...use some LIGHT tire shine on the tires. I mean apply some, and wipe it most back off. It really helps.

any more? I wanan see a sharp hood reflection

jon

Yeah I gotta remove my pinstriping too, I just started working on taking off the badges. How exactly did you do it without scratching or anything?

I used my buffer to basically burn them off.....but I hear there is a thing called a eraser wheel which i have not tried....

as for the emblems...I used a hair dryer to heat them and ran a telfon coated

wire under them...

I made the wire with 2 loop handles and dragged it under the emblem.

I washed the car first...and the teflon coated wire doesn't scratch the paint.

I aslo used some 3M Adhesive remover to wife the excess goo off...and walla!

good job! NXT gives a great shine, almost to the point that I cant wait to get rid of my Megs PRo stuff!

Did you clay at all?

Im sure that car looks 10x beter in person.

Also, some other tops. Those wheels look a little grey...did they get a good cleaning? Also...use some LIGHT tire shine on the tires. I mean apply some, and wipe it most back off. It really helps.

any more? I wanan see a sharp hood reflection

jon

I have clayed it recently..but that Mirror glaze removes EVERYTHING..trust me...soooooo smoooooth

I hadn't cleaned the wheels at the time of the photo...it was gettin dark..

but I alway wax and use black magic tire wet

Guest shrtysdvs

The car looks good. I had some ugly ass gold olympic rings on the back of my Regal and i used a hairdryer and some fishing line to take them off then you have to use goo gone to get rid of the sticky shit. :shock:

Another side note on Mirror Glaze. That is what we use to buff out taillights at Guide. (We buy it in 5 gallon jugs. :wink: ) It removes scuffs and some flow lines. Deep scratches get some rubbing compound, then the mirror glaze. We also use 3M(I think it's 3M) either way it's called Finesse-It. It's great shit. Finesse-it and a buffer, will take out scratches.