PONTIAC windshield banner instructions

Gearhead43

A few have asked about how I got the "PONTIAC" windshield banner to fit the entire length so well..

First, I ordered a Pontiac banner in the "Goodtimes" font, with 4" high letters and had the place cut it straight, not curved. Total length was about 40"

I took the entire banner and positioned the "T" at the center of the windshield, 1" below the top moulding, and taped it down at the very top only. I then took sisscors to cut between each letter from the bottom up to 1" from the top of the banner. This allowed the letters to "Curve" to the shape of the windshield. Each letter was positioned at 1" from the top moulding. and taped down at the very top only. (Backing still on both sides of all letters!).

After the letters where positioned with the masking tape at the top. I measured again to be sure all letters were in the right place and the ends letters had the same amount between them and the end of the windshield. Then I began to peel the backing off each letter one at the time and wetting the glue side with a mist of water solution with a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent added. (To help squeeze out the air bubbles while using a credit card or other flat flexible plastic.). Once all letters were glued down, I waited about a couple hours for the water /soap solution to dry before removing the outside protective paper.

I repeated the process for the red "MOTORSPORTS" decal below the PONTIAC decal, but used the PONTIAC decal as a reference to position this second decal.

It's alot of time and work to do this, and make it look right. But the results is worth it.

Thats cool stuff.. I was wondering how you did it myself. I bought one of those Pontiac ones that go on the inside of the windshield, but couldn't put it on my car cause it has the blue tint at the top so I put it on my sister's Sunfire instead.

Good write up Gearhead....

Thats exactly what I had done word for word!!

515658_16_full.jpg

Are your letters 4" high? They look more like 3" to me.

I bought a plastic electostatic sticker for my GP. I got it at Advance auto for $7.

It was easy, and I like how it is half covered up by the blue tint at the top of my windshield......plus I get an extra couple of inches of tinting from it and it keeps the inside of my car a little darker which also looks better.

CNXT0003.JPG

CNXT0004.JPG

I also have the PONTIAC emblem on my rear window too.

I wanted to get one big one right in the middle, but too many ricers were doin that to thier cars here in town, so I just went a more suttle with it and was very happy with the looks of them.

They are 3.5"..or 4"(I don't remember) high and proportional in width so it would look right

CNXT0034.JPG

Yep!

PONTIAC.jpg

Good write up Gearhead....

Thats exactly what I had done word for word!!

515658_16_full.jpg

Are your letters 4" high? They look more like 3" to me.