Anyone ever take apart an AQ9 (pneumatic) seat?

93GTP

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here has ever taken apart a Pneumatic front bucket seat in their GP? In particular the AQ9 seats with the air hoses/bladder assemblies.

Thanks,

Mike

I took apart the ones on my international to redo the covers(they were torn) Its not so much hard as it is frustrating. The parts are old so they tend to break very easily. The plastic covers on the back of the seats must be removed very carefully or the plastic clips at the bottom will break. Also the mesh at the ends of the airbag tend to be a lil tricky to fit back onto the rods without tearing. It can be done, just be very careful, if you decide to do it and need further instruction, just let me know.

I took the seat back off the front passenger seat to investigate a non-working power headrest (I know... I'm picky). Well, the fix was easy since it only involved reattaching the air line to the headrest post. However, I can't get the lower seatback retaining clips back in at the pivot point of the seat. They are a real PITA! If you're memory is good about this part, please help me out here.

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but my computer's busted. I just rebuilt my pneumatic seats in the cutlass a month ago. To get the clips on the bottom of the seat backs clipped again, you need to take the little black plastic button things off the pivot point of the seat. If you're like me you just slid the seatbacks off of them, getting aggravated by the metal clips in there. Well that's not how they come apart. You need to pull those black pegs off of there, put them on the seat back, and then push them back onto the little stud part sticking out of the seat. Hopefully you understand this jibberish, it's hard to explain but easy to show you if anyone has any pics of these seats apart online.

Well that's not how they come apart. You need to pull those black pegs off of there, put them on the seat back, and then push them back onto the little stud part sticking out of the seat. Hopefully you understand this jibberish, it's hard to explain but easy to show you if anyone has any pics of these seats apart online.

Thanks Justin, but I figured it out already. I did take them apart by removing the metal clips and sliding the seatback off the black plastic piece. But yeah you're right.... that has to be the only way to put it back together (to remove the black plastic piece from the stud by unthreading it, reattach the seat back to the black plastic piece and reinsert the metal clip, and then push it back together on the stud). For good measure, I tapped them lightly with a wooden block and hammer to make sure they were in on the studs.

I must say that my factory service manuals are not always the most helpful! Now to put my seat back in.....