About to throw dual exaust, but I have an issue

cryptnix

I have only a single outlet notched in my bumper (3100) ...

I don't want to buy a new bumper so what do I do ... I know cut it...

But whats it made of? Fiberglass? What do I use to cut it without doing to much damage? And as far as measuring it ... so I can get it as close as possible...? Suggestions!!

Thanks

Andrew

I'd just find a 3.4 bumper at a j/y and repaint it and put it on...but you could cut your bumper too but it prolly wouldn't look as good.

Cheapest/easiest thing to do is to leave it w/ one outlet and place one tip there. Either that, or get a bumper w/ two cutouts, I've seen people who have cut there bumpers out for their exhaust and it makes the bumper look kind of shitty afterwards.

well if it comes to that I will go and get a new bumper ... but as for now ... i think i'll attempt to cut it out myself and get some fiber glass and fill in the areas that are gummed up...

I don't think it's fibreglass, it should be uerathane(however you spell it). I used Dominion Sure Seal semi-rigid. It's sort of like bondo but remains flexible.

I'm in the same category as you with the bumper thing. I located one last weekend with a dual outlet at a u pull it j/y and they wanted 26.99. Thats not bad at all, but I will have to get it painted. I recommend finding one myself...the dual outlet cutouts are also wider than the single one that you have.

considering how helpful you people have been, i think i'll choose that route, as i'm just going to wait a few weeks or a month to get some money built up and redo the exaust directly from the headers, i'm guessing i'm going to chose this route cause one i hear my cat going to shit so that needs replaced; secondly i have a power issue with getting up to speed and my cat gargles like a mofo; thirdly and most important i hear faint exaust leaks; and it doesn't compare really with the air intake; soring then ... u hear faint exaust leaks thats not a nice combo!

i hate the way my current exaust sounds so i'm thinking about going with some flows but my buddies have told me its loud... and I wanna be somewhat silent but hearing that nice growl from my ever so powerful v6 :lol: plus it'll benefit me when i swap my engine as well ...

considering how helpful you people have been, i think i'll choose that route, as i'm just going to wait a few weeks or a month to get some money built up and redo the exaust directly from the headers, i'm guessing i'm going to chose this route cause one i hear my cat going to shit so that needs replaced; secondly i have a power issue with getting up to speed and my cat gargles like a mofo; thirdly and most important i hear faint exaust leaks; and it doesn't compare really with the air intake; soring then ... u hear faint exaust leaks thats not a nice combo!

i hate the way my current exaust sounds so i'm thinking about going with some flows but my buddies have told me its loud... and I wanna be somewhat silent but hearing that nice growl from my ever so powerful v6 :lol: plus it'll benefit me when i swap my engine as well ...

sound/video clip of flowmasters.

http://home.comcast.net/~jmlumpkin/93CutlassSupremeFlowmaster40Exhaust.wmv

they arn't too loud.

that pretty much sounds like my sisters lumina which i used to drive which its muffler is falling off and it sounds similar to that... :(

I don't like that sound its tooo loud ... matter of fact its exactly like it ... lol anyway i dunno yet we'll see!!

only of course its cool ... :-D cause I still love womping on that 3.1 its a 91, been in a rear end collision, 255,000+ miles on that beast, still chirping .....

as i was saying from the first post

if anyone can find me the metalic teal which is the color of my car and send me a bumper for under $100 I'll do it ... buddy says most junk yards will sell one for under $50 ... but i'm to lazy to go to one and find out and the ones around here just have junkers (older cars).

Thanks

Andrew