What type of guage?  

1. 1. What type of guage?

• Air/fuel
    • Voltmeter
    • Trans Temp
    • Oil Temp
    • Pressure Guage
    • Other(indicate what in post)

I am getting a guage pod from Juice on ClubGP, and was wondering what guages people would reccomend. This is involving types of guages, and brands. I was thinking of installing a trans temp guage, but am unsure of whether I would like to go through drilling a hole in my transmision. Air/fuel and voltmeter guages were my first thought, but tell me what you think!

If you have a big stereo or lots of power options, a voltmeter and trans temp would be the way to go.............

If you abuse your car regularly (especially autocross, or track), I'd get an engine oil temp to match my tranny temp gauge.

Either way, at LEAST get the tranny temp gauge..........4T60-E's do NOT like heat, and I have personally locked one into limp mode due to excess heat (it was pretty easy to do.........like scary easy).

A/F is useless unless you have FI or N2O.......it does look kinda cool though.

Guest Gp crazy

tranny temp is a good idea & i think a vac. gauge is a good idea you could ride at the highest vac. and get the most mpg's or find out you have some engine problems i.e. pluged exhaust,bad valves, broken vac hoses and a bunch of other things just a thought jeff b

8)

Matt96GP over on ClubGP just informed me that I would not need to tap into the transmission itself in order to get the trans. temp. There apparently is already a sensor, and I could just splice into that wire. That decides one for the guages for sure.

depending on how many gauages you'd want, you could always tap the pressure test ports on the transmission itself and really watch everything the trans is doing...

I'd say trans temp, and a vacuum (non supercharged) or vac/boost gauage (supercharged engine)

--Dave.

Guest TurboSedan

if it were me i would go with trans temp and oil pressure.

both of my cars will be getting A/F and boost/vac gauges.

I think another Temp guage would be good.. incase the one you have craps out on you then you woun't have your engine seize on you.

As far as type, I LOVE my Auto Meter ultralite gauges. I have a boost/vac gauge. When it comes to coolant temp & oil pressure get mechanical gauges. I don't know where you would tap in for the coolant temp, but it's really pointless to get ANOTHER electric gauge for those 2. I would deffinetly get a trans. temp gauge.

Guest TurboSedan
A/F gauages are only good if they are wideband, otherwise they are just a pretty light show.

--Dave.

not exactly useless. it would still tell you if you were getting enough fuel @ WOT.