Attention Convertible Owners!!!

WhiteOut

Okay, I'm not sure how many of you this may apply to, but the interior and the top on my car are both white so they are a total PIA to keep clean. I finally found something that works great for both. My mom bought a pack of those Mr. Clean Magic Eraser dealy things and they're friggin great!!! They got 10 years of ground in dirt off of my cars interior which I could not get off with any cleaner that I've ever tried. I thought that was pretty sweet so I went to work on my top after that and five minutes of scrubbing with the damn sponge did more than twenty minutes with Lexol, 409, or any other convertible top cleaner I've found. The best part about it is that the sponge thing only works with water so there's no cleaner that could hurt your interior or top. I'd highly recomend that anyone with a dirty top or interior go try these, apparenly you can pick them up at most grocery stores and they're only like a couple dollars for a pack of them.

Ok, end rant.

Your tip could not have come at a more appropriate time...I was planning on picking up some top cleaner this afternoon...thanks..the wifey already has the right cleaner in the cabinet! Will let you know how it works on my white top...and seats and door panels.

Thomas

I haven't used Ragtop, but I have used Lexol, Blue Magic Top Cleaner, Armor All Cleaner Wipes, 409, and a host of others and my stupid top still looked cream instead of white. Like I said though, 5 minutes with that spongy thing made it look brand new.

sweet man...will do as soon as I can

now if only I could kill the stupid birds who moved in when summer came...freakin new pile of poop on my car every day

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for suggesting the Mr. Clean Majic Erasers. I bought a couple of packages and went to work on the top and the interior (both white) I am extremely happy with the results on the interior. The top definitely looks better, but I guess some the the small marks or stains have been baked in from years of exposure to elements.

All in all, a great product that everyone should have in their car cleaning kits.

Yeah, I found it most useful on my interior as well. It looks brand new and it took a hell of a lot less time than using any sort of cleaner. A great deal for only a couple bucks.

dhs, I used 4 of them on my top (white) and it does look much better, but there are a lot of marks that did not come out. They seem to wear out pretty fast on the rough surface of the top. I have yet to do the interior, but I tested a spot and it works like magic on the int. Will keep ya posted!

• 2 weeks later...