Factory CD Player - Brackets

Mike

Hey Guys,

I have scored a factory CD-Player from my sister's 95 Cav and was wondering what would be the best way to remove the factory brackets off of it so it will fit in my 89 Cutlass. The brackes are located on the sides and appear to be welded(?) on and I don't think there is enough room in the trim panel to leave them on (cause the Cutlass bracket is on the bottom of the deck). What would be the best way to remove these brackets with out damaging the deck? Any help would greatly be appreciated,

Thanks

Mike

You'd have to use a dremel to remove those brackets as they are part of the radio chassis.

It wouldn't fit anyway, the mounting points that you would need on the underside of the radio are not there with the newer Delco headunits.

It wouldn't fit anyway, the mounting points that you would need on the underside of the radio are not there with the newer Delco headunits.

just do what I did and double stick tape-it to the bottom of the deck. The rear locator pin can be set to the correct spot without a problem.

Oh also...since the 95+ chevy radio's wire harness plugs in on the lower half of the back- part of the cutlass inner dash needs to be cut away. You can use a dremel or whatever you want. Just cut the "dash" part, not the plastic below it (that's the air ducting- black) and you'll have enough room.

Thanks guys for all your feedback. In regards to using the dremel tool, will there be any sparks or metal fillings that I would have to worry about getting into the circuits of the radio. I know this may seen like a dumb question, but I was just wondering what would be the best way to cut them off, would I have to dismantle the radio before I attempted to remove the brackets? Oh yeah, and the radio I have looks the like the CD player on LukeZ34's page, my sis must have a early 95 Cav or something, so I'm pretty sure it will fit.

Thanks again guys

Mike