electrical problems???

canusa

ok well here s the problem.

i recently moved the battery to the trunk and ....

my car has a hard time starting but once it starts the voltage comes up and it charges fine.. for a bit then the voltage slowly drops all the way down to the car stalling out. :x so i boost the car again.. it starts fine.. and charges fine for a bit .. i turn the car off while it's still charging over 13 volts. When i turn the key back on. voltmeter says just over 12 volts.. shoul be plenty of juice to start the car.. i turn the key and it'll turn over once or twice.. and that's it. game over battery is dead. i'm sooo frustrated with this its not even funny.. someone please help.

-canusa

Having longer wire puts on more resistance, harder for the alternator to put out enough juice and harder for the batt to hold it. Might want to get one of those Optima batteries or something good.

yea i dunno.. i'm gonna try a few different things today.. there is a voltage drop of .02 across the length of the wire and connection. which is by no means alot. any ways i can check the altenator and starter to see if it is them?

Yeah, get either a yellow or a red top battery, should help with your problems. Also, make sure your grounds are good(body and engine grounds), and make sure your power cable is bare and is touching metal in any place.