Snatched Up A Good One At The Junkyard Today

1990 Lumina Euro Coupe

Well, today I decided to go an look around my favorite junkyard to see what I could find, and also to get some screw hole clips and screws to repair my lower dash panel on the 'Pree where someone had been in there and lost the screws to put the dash back together. The opted rather to take a couple of two inch long bolts with the threads sticking out and two nuts to secure it. :roll: It looked awfull. Two long bolts sticking out from the lower dash on the passengers side.

When I first walked in. I saw a 1988 S-10 Blazer 4X4 sitting in the entrance that had just been brought in apparently. I opened the door and there in the dash was one of the old cassette players with the 5 band graphic equalizer, cassette search, loud button etc. Needless to say, I took it out then and there. I don't know how hard they are to find in other areas, but here the deluxe players are near impossible to find. They fit in the same area that the stock radio cassette fits. being a little older, I have a ton of cassettes, so this should make a welcome edition to one of my W's.

I purchased:

The Radio

An ECM computer for another car.

The CORRECT chime box for the Pree(Prees' chime, and mine had a Lumina one it it that tones.)

All the hardware from under the dash so that I can get rid of all those long bolts.(I have already done that.)

A bag full of the plastic loom that GM uses to make the wires appear neater.

A jack and handle to use when I don't want to drag out the floor jack.

All for $25.00. I think I got a pretty good deal.

:o

I opened the door and there in the dash was one of the old cassette players with the 5 band graphic equalizer, cassette search, loud button etc. Needless to say, I took it out then and there. I don't know how hard they are to find in other areas, but here the deluxe players are near impossible to find. They fit in the same area that the stock radio cassette fits. being a little older, I have a ton of cassettes, so this should make a welcome edition to one of my W's.

I have two of those on my desk.. :lol:

I have two of those on my desk.. :lol:

Well if one of them works, has the red background like the 'pree and you would like to sell it, be sure to let me know. It has to be the old style, though. Middle 80's to about 1990.

They are so rare here, because of the age of them. I can find tons of the ones starting in 1990. I am looking for one of the old red ones for my 1986 Trans Am.

I got the premium cass/eq for my Regal. You wouldn't believe the price they want for a 13 year old CD player that fits in there. All of them on ebay go for about $137 or more. High price for 13 yr old stock equipment.