95 GT Sedan with a 2dr bumper???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here is an off the wall question-

I've got a 95 4 door GT, and I am disgusted with the hideous bar of headlights in the front and the obtrusive front grille... I called Pontiac on this one and need some insight....

I want to remove the front bumper and headlight assembly from my car and add the one from the 2 door with the low profile headlights and the round foglamps, etc... and I am also looking to add the side skirts and body kits from the 2 door. Is this possible?

Pontiac says the bolts are the same, the fenders, hood, and such should all be the same and it should all work. I only have to worry about trim not lining up, but if i add the body kits, it should...

all insight is greatly appreciated.

The body kit will not be a direct swap, obviously. Since GT's are lacking a B4U package, a regular coupe front end will swap directly on. There's no need to change the hood, you already have the louvers. Fender flares will go directly on. If you want to swap on a B4U, it will require some intense work. You'll need the door trim custom made.

To swap on the mini-quads, you'll have to change the front lightbar assembly on your car. Rather simplistic. It unbolts with about 6 bolts I believe. If you need any other help, I'll answer what I can, as I've done a front end swap also.

Front clip with miniquads has been done.

after1.JPG

I have never heard of anyone doing the side skirts and B4U front/rear bumpers, but I think it would look pretty cool.

Guest Anonymous

If anyone has the whole front bumper and headlightt assembly from a 94-96 2 door, preferabbly in white, or know of someone who has one to sell, email me.

If not, where can i find one? There arent any junkyards in my area...

I also need a stock spoiler preferrably with a light.

-Ross

after1.JPG

I have never heard of anyone doing the side skirts and B4U front/rear bumpers, but I think it would look pretty cool.

thats nice, i'd like to put a miniquad clip on mine

btw i used to have stripes like that, but they were white, i'll try to find some pictures

No chance of that unfortunately. Cutlass coupe front clip has completely different lines than a sedan. It wouldn't line up. You might have better luck making a Grand Prix miniquad clip fit a Cutlass sedan. That would look pretty weird!

No chance of that unfortunately. Cutlass coupe front clip has completely different lines than a sedan. It wouldn't line up. You might have better luck making a Grand Prix miniquad clip fit a Cutlass sedan. That would look pretty weird!

damn, i never compared a cutty coupe and sedan next to eachother. oh well.

i love the look of the miniquads though

It actually looks ok like that to me. Is that picture photoshopped or is that window tint actually that dark?

That window tint looks too dark. I like the way the transformation looks...people that don't know these cars wouldn't even know the difference.

• 7 months later...

I have actually had some sick, non-serious thoughts about making a hybrid body kit for my TGP. I would take the rounded 94-96 B4U, cut the upper half off both front fascias and mold the TGP upper half onto the 94 front fascia so it would be rounded, but still look like a TGP. Then I would cut off the humps by the wheels and mold them onto the 94 B4U (since the humps make the old B4U look more aggressive, IMO). Then lastly, I would fill the the 2 indentions to make the B4U completely smooth.

I never gave it any serious thought though, just thought it might look cool.

Guest Anonymous

I thought about making a custom thing like that for the 92, by adding the round fog light setup, and fiberglassing it into the older b4u fascia. I like the round fogs better, but the older, squar-er b4u is more aggresive looking, IMO.