AC Delco or Platinum plugs from ... oh I can't remember...

cryptnix

My platinums were absolutely horrible, and resulted in misfiring in at least one cylinder. AVOID THESE PLUGS! In fact, I've seen lots of notes regarding platinums in general, and the suppositions were that they couldn't handle some of the higher heat ranges; don't know the facts on that for certain.

Iridium is what I replaced them with, and no problems since.

Platinum are fine as long as you run higher octain gas every tank. Platinum tend to foul out more then normal ones with 87. I run the rapidfires because they seem to run hotter in the NA car and I run the colder plugs for the TGP.

-Jeff

the plats last longer than the ac delcos, but the plats don't give as much of an intense spark as the ac delcos,or any other copper or nickle sparkplug. platinum doesn't conduct electicity like copper or nickle.

Then I suppose its just a biased thing then ...

I want the best performance that I can get out of my 3100 as I can ... so what plugs should I go with?!

i got ac delco rapid fire 8s in my car and i pulled one the other day out of couriosity and after about 22k they still look brand new. they run great.

A common misconception, platinum plugs are NOT performance plugs!!! Platinum plugs are a longer life plug designed to keep you from having to change your plugs as often. I would stick w/ stock AC's.

A common misconception, platinum plugs are NOT performance plugs!!! Platinum plugs are a longer life plug designed to keep you from having to change your plugs as often. I would stick w/ stock AC's.

they still wear down though. the platinums i pulled out with 30 or 40 thousand on them were gapped way oversize