92-97 Cutlass Owners

Brian P

Is anyone here using aftermarket foglights with STOCK wiring/circuit? Do your foglights use the 55W H3 bulbs that normally come with a/m lights? How's everything holding up?

ah ok those use the H3's 55W as well. I was more concerned about melting the bulkhead connector from too much load. I may just relocate the main power source to underhood somewhere. I bought a cheap set of foglights that look exactly like the stock ones but the light output is much better (used to have the exact ones on my 1st cutlass)

I got a cheap set of lights at auto zone small blue cheaper than replacement bulbs voltage is votage as long as the wattage of the lights is close no problem

oh, oh my!! LOL I don't know what to say :D I'd love to find the lil lip spoiler for the trunk, but I'll leave the luggage rack on the '89.

As for wattage, the stock ones are like 27W, the aftermarket ones are double that... :wink:

I have aftermarket fog lights using the stock wiring. The H3 bulbs for mine are 55watts. As for mounting well I drilled 2 holes and was able to put a nut on each bolt so the fog light wouldn't shake. If you want pics let me know.

i got cheap aftermarket lights, with 55 watt H3 bulbs for over a year now, no problems, never blown a fuse or anything bad

i was thinking about getting some 100 watt bulbs but i thought that might be a little too much...

You sure those are PIAA?

They look just like the BlazerTech driving lights linked here.

Driving lights aren't foglights and they're supposed to only be used with high-beams. They're not good for fog and I wouldn't recommend using them if you're one of those people who like driving around with foglights on all the time to look cool.

You sure those are PIAA?

They look just like the BlazerTech driving lights linked here.

Driving lights aren't foglights and they're supposed to only be used with high-beams. They're not good for fog and I wouldn't recommend using them if you're one of those people who like driving around with foglights on all the time to look cool.

i wish i would have got driving lights over fog lights, i drive a lot on two lane roads at night

i wish i would have got driving lights over fog lights, i drive a lot on two lane roads at night

The BlazerTech I linked to look like 100% drop-in replacements to me. They don't have the spring-loaded adjuster, but I think they will fit in the factory brackets. Only reason I didn't get them is because Penny thinks it looks cool to drive with the foglights on all the time and driving lights would blind oncoming drivers (or they should if they're good driving lights).

I just wish I had decent headlights. 92-97 Cutlass coupes have got to have the worst headlights in the world.

I busted both my PIAA glass Lenses and wasn't spending$$$ for replacement PIAA's so i got replacement Glass from Blazer like the ones Shawn refures to i his post above....

Guilty as charged.....not 100% PIAA anymore

but fine by me

Blazer sells replacement glass?!?!?

I bought a new foglight assembly for some good $$$ off Ebay because I didn't know you could get replacement glass (OEM fogs are Blazer). :x

whoa whoa! If blazer sells replacement glass then I'll just fix the foglights I have now. I like how stock ones actually work like foglights but they're not powerful worth a damn!

The BlazerTech I linked to look like 100% drop-in replacements to me. They don't have the spring-loaded adjuster, but I think they will fit in the factory brackets. Only reason I didn't get them is because Penny thinks it looks cool to drive with the foglights on all the time and driving lights would blind oncoming drivers (or they should if they're good driving lights).

I just wish I had decent headlights. 92-97 Cutlass coupes have got to have the worst headlights in the world.

my aftermarket cheapies also fit perfectly in the stock brakets, i only needed a couple of washers on each side for a tight fit

ps, those mini quads look great though...