monoleaf or ... coilovers

cryptnix

I've been researching alot about lowering my car about an inch or two.

The thing is that I have found coil overs, and I've also found a place with a carbon fiber monoleaf ... about 50 lbs less then the stock monoleaf.

My REAL question is ... if I went the coil over route would I be putting a strain on the strut towers?

Thanks...

Andrew

the best way to do it is the monoleaf, its the safest on your car...but...if you get coilovers you can get *adjustable* ones for driving in the winter and raising it back up. I've heard that the coilovers put quite a strain on the strut towers but i believe if you get a Strut tower bar you should be ok if you went that route.

Coilovers from FFP will be fine and won't make any damage to your strut towers. Some people on the forum have had them on their cars for 2 or more years and are damage free.

Yeah, I've never heard of people reporting problems with coilovers.

On the old forum some guy claimed his strut towers cracked, but never posted any pics to back it up.

There's no doubt the strut towers aren't made of anything more than 1/8" sheetmetal, so it's your judgement call.

So if I get a set of the FFP rear coil-overs, and drive a bit on the agressive side (passengers= :shock: ), I **shouldn't** have any problems?

- Justin

So if I get a set of the FFP rear coil-overs, and drive a bit on the agressive side (passengers= :shock: ), I **shouldn't** have any problems?

In life there are no guarantees except death and taxes.

No one else has reported problems yet, so you'll probably be okay.