Cutlass speaker questions

Pselus

these are really what's in the Cutlass vert dash?

noticed these from someone's ebay auction and just realized that I have 4" speakers in my '94 Cutty vert?

I happen to have an old (but still amazingly good) pair of Infinity Reference 3" speakers with built in tweeters that can accept 100watts apiece...

2 questions...think I could get the 3" ones to work? and how exactly do I get my dash apart up there?

You can make them fit, you might need to make an adapter out of hardboard or some scrap plexi or something.

You will need to remove 7 phillips screws along the top edge of the cluster/radio bezel, then pull it out (clips hold it on on the bottom). Once it's out, there are 2 7mm hex screws inside the defroster vent. You'll have to pull the outer visible vent and the inner vent out to get to those screws. They are approximately where the notches are in the opening. Then there are 2 7mm screws in the glovebox. You'll have to pull the compartment as it covers them. Lastly, there are 2 7mm screws on the inside of the dash near the bottom. One to the bottom right of the radio, one to the bottom left of where the headlight switch was. Once you have all those screws out, the entire dash pad pulls out as an assembly.

these are really what's in the Cutlass vert dash?

noticed these from someone's ebay auction and just realized that I have 4" speakers in my '94 Cutty vert?

I happen to have an old (but still amazingly good) pair of Infinity Reference 3" speakers with built in tweeters that can accept 100watts apiece...

2 questions...think I could get the 3" ones to work? and how exactly do I get my dash apart up there?

Do you have door speakers? If so then you'll just have tweeters in the dash. If you put regular speakers in its place then you'll be running 4 speakers off 2 channels. Just want you to be aware...

yea i'd just get a small board of lawan (sp?) 1/4 inch thick cheap board stuff, and jigsaw out an adapter plate, thats probably the easiest way to do it, just make sure you seal it with a little gasketmaker or somethin

no the Cutty Verts are only 4 speaker...no door speakers

I'm not even sure if my front speakers are even working...I'll play around with my controls tonight but all I ever hear are the back speakers (which have amazing sound projection...I have no problems hearing them at 85 with the top down