k&n for 90 lumina

syknesss

i got a 40 series flowmaster on my 90 lumina and it lost some low end it feels like i wanna put a cone filter on thinkin maybe it will help since more air is going out more should come in right?

anyone know a part # or just the diameter i should buy?

opening it up for more air will kill even more low end, but you'll feel the difference up top of the RPM scale...

--Dave.

I would be more worried about sucking in hot air from near the exhaust crossover if he goes to a K&N cone...........that WILL kill bottom end.

His best bet is to design a proper cold air intake and run that (or be cheap and get a K&N drop-in for a raging 1whp bonus).

Also, I rather doubt that adding a performance muffler (even a chambered one like a Flowmaster) while keeping the stock diameter piping will do ANYTHING to your low end torque. You have NO real difference in exhaust velocity (it's probably higher in fact), so everything should remain the SAME.

It's probably just that it's getting warmer out (Springtime and all that) :wink: