how much are CS converts going for?

godofthunder

Never said it would. There's more to driving a responsive car then lighting up the front tires...unless you're in high school.

smart ass. i never should have posted my age. :x

oddly enough, I have 95% tread on my tires and they WILL light up if I floor it from a dead stop...of course they won't sit there and spin but I can get a good full second of spinning even on a downhill road...

it actually suprised me...was driving my cousin (who IS in high school) around and he jokingly said "burn out" so I (also jokingly) floored it from a dead stop...and to my suprise my 3.4 boat started squealing at me like an excited pig.

...true story...

:P

Didn't mean to offend you. MY son gradutates in June also. I suspect he lights up the tires in his Trans Am. :cheers:

i bet insurance is killer, with a hs student and a trans am.

mine actually isn't that bad, insurance is higher on my mom's impala

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my 94 last july, with only a few tiny dings, nice paint, all leather interior with rear buckets, running extremely great with the only exception being a rattling cat. I paid 3500 and got a heck of a deal, well, or at least a good enough deal for me :-)

Guest RedCutlassSL

wow, that cutlass in your sig looks good with the body cladding removed. i have pondered that for a long time. but it can't be done, because the bumpers won't match.

Actually that's not body cladding removed, he's Photoshopped the ribs smooth and pulled down the ground-effects near the wheels.

A Cutlass without body cladding has body sides curved in on the bottom.

heh, yeah, i got bored and played around in photoshop, but i think other than how low it goes, something similar might be possible with like some sanding down and fiberglass or something

I saw a green 94 Conv. last fall that I wanted. I think it went for 2,500-3,000. Most of the ones I've seen fall into the 3-4 thousand price range though.

On the insurance sidenote, my mom pays $1,500 every 6 months for insurance, I only pay $450 every 6 months. And guess what, we have the same amount of coverage: none.

I thought long and hard about buyin a Cutty vert cuz they are very cool classy rides IMO. But I guess the more I looked at 94 &95s that were going anywhere between $4-6K with much miles...and then looking at late model (99-01) GP's for less then double that amount (and about half the miles) it just seemed like a better route for a couple reasons...the 3.8 in the GP has as much performance as the 3.4 and is far more reliable...while the sunroof in my GP is certainly not the same as a drop-top, I saw it as less down-the-road expense. Verts as a rule tend to be high maintnence rides. If you have a place to store them out of the weather is great...if not then you'll be replacing a top before too long. I guess I was also spooked by how many horror stories I've heard from vert owners about somebody slashing the top they just had put on a month ago because some sticky-fingered punk takes your CD case (or some other minor item)...and I guess the last thing is a silly kind of personal issue...but I've seen so many people in convertibles buzzing down the road on a nice day with the top down and the windows up...is the wind that bad?...I ride with both windows down and the roof open and yeah its breezy, but I thought that was the point...I guess there must be something to it or so many folks wouldnt ride that way...I just think it looks kinda weird...but its a free country, to each his own...especially when it comes to cars!

If its chilly out (less than 65) I'll usually cruise around with the windows up and the top down. Even then its only on the longer freeway trips where being blasted by cool air for hours on end starts to become annoying. But as a general rule the top is down as long as its above 60 and not raining. Wind is part of the experiecnce, its an expected and minor price to pay compared to the experience of driving with the top down.

hey there SigEp...I sure did get a GP!....about 3 weeks ago...its a black on gray cloth 2001 GT...check out the thread "yeah baby, yeah"....its got all the pics and such...I'va already modded the exhaust (Monza Pacesetter resonator tips w/no muffs)...altered the stock airbox w/K&N drop in filter...and just today I rotated my tires and painted the wheels black(like the paintshop pic) and added the chrome lug nuts...I've taken pics of the exhaust and need to finish off that roll...I'll get some pics of the wheels in the next couple days and hopefully get them posted soon.