keyless entry programming?

acke61

yes i did a search on here and i see that you have to ground some wire near the antenna or something....my question is what wire is it that you actually have to ground....i have removed my factory power antenna cuz it broke so i believe my wires are just chillin there somewhere in the truck

can anyone help? if anyone knows the color of the wire i should ground that would be great..

• 3 months later...

I have a 96 Lumina with the key FOB from a 95 Lumina which I just got rid of. The 96 never had any RKE key FOB. Can someone tell me what I have to do to get the FOB to work with my 96? BTW, the 96 does not have an electric antenna. I would surely appreciate the help. :D

My 95 doesn't have power antenna but DOES have keyless entry.

Pop off the carpet by the antenna. There should be a wire w/ connector on the end dangling there. Shove the end of the connector onto a bolt or ground it somehow (when you do it right the doors will lock and unlock), keep that wire held against the ground and then program your FOB by simply pressing a button against it, the wire can be released from the ground. If you have more than 1 FOB you must program them both at the same time (don't let go of that wire by the antenna).

As long as the FOBs look exactly the same they should work.