Detailing Package

EsCo

The GM dealership down the road form my college in Shippensburg, PA I found out does auto detailing. For $150 + tax you get a combination of 3 packages. EXTERIOR: Full service wash and vacum, clean and brighten wheels, romove bonded surfaces contaiminants from paint with detailing clay, aplly wax to protect and enhance paint gloss, apply dressing to tires and mouldings. INTERIOR: Full service wash and vacum, clean adn aplly protectants to all vinaly surfaces, clean and condtion all leather surfaces, shampoo carpets and floor mats. ENGINE: clean and degrease engine compartment, apply Engine Kote dressing. All done in 1 afternoon. Any one think that this is a good deal? I was thinking it would a nice gift for me Lumina for her tenth birthday. Thanks

-§teve

If anything if you are learly of waxing a car or using claybar or what not..then have them do it. Otherwise I would say do it yourself b/c it can be done MUCH cheaper. Now of course you probably couldn't do that in all one afternoon, but I always feel better if I clean my car and not someone else.

Also, what if they were to mess up your paint or something...do they take responsiblity or is it just "shit happens" kinda deal?

our friend does it for about $60. I like using his sealants on my GFs truck. Hes a family friend of theirs. But, his package that we get costs the normal people about $150.

Overall, thats not a bad deal really. But...dealerships are usually the WORST at detailing. Look at a new car, usually covered in dealer-installed swirls..

Look for local detailers. All of them arround here look respectable.

Also...if your going to pay that much, make sure they use a sealant (more durable) and apply it with a machine, rather than by hand (beter gloss and stuff in most caeses).

Most places are insured, but theres not much you can do, cept if the guys an idiot. Remember, his job is to also hide inperfections, which he may do from you to. They could burn the paint if using the buffer wrong, and then you have action agianst them.

I dont think you can do anything about swirls though. usally detailers are good about that stuff, cept at dealerships.

need any help, pm, email, or im me

jon

I always feel better if I clean my car and not someone else.

I wouldn't. I'd love to have my car as clean as it was when I bought it, but I'd rather have someone else do it.. that way, I won't know how much dirt/dust was in the car. Its just one of those things. If I know how much time it took me to clean it and how dirty it was, I'd be all pissed by time I finished, so I wouldn't appreciate it. I'd just like to come out to my car one day and have it like new again.

Very good point. I am actually excited to see how much dirt is in my car when I shampoo it this spring...lol. yeah I messed up, but thats alright.

I guess I've seen some bad jobs done from people (in my area), and that is why I'd rather do it myself. Not to mention I've made damn good money doing it for other people!!

Overall, thats not a bad deal really. But...dealerships are usually the WORST at detailing. Look at a new car, usually covered in dealer-installed swirls..

:lol: