Feeling guilty.

phantomshado

Am I a traitor  

1. 1. Am I a traitor

The other day, I drove my friends BMW 535, and I friggin' loved every second of it. Its actually made me want to maybe get rid of my cutlass so I can get one...I feel dirty.

BMW's are on a completely different level than w-bodies.

they're also on a completely different level that comparibly priced Callidics and Lincolns. now you guys can't say that in my eyes gm is the only automaker who makes good cars

You can't help the way you feel about it. Don't blame ya at all, there are lots of fun cars to drive out there, but mine is one of them. :)

I definetely plan on owning something more fun than this though, hehe

German cars are the best engineered out there, although I don't speak from experience... I don't know anyone with a BMW, but I've read the reviews. :lol: I've also read reviews on Audi's (A8/S8 primarily)... I'm interested in them because they're AWD. They seem to out-do BMW on many aspects, but they too, are German. I also heard from a guy that has a Grand Prix and an Audi S4. He loves his Grand Prix (sentimental value) and has put a lot of money into suspension parts... ST springs, Koni struts, etc. He says no matter how much money he puts into it, it doesn't even come close to the S4 in handling.

To our benefit, German cars are the least reliable cars you can get. BMW and Audi have problems all the time. I lurk on some other forums and most of their problems are HUGE $$$ and would have made us ditch our cars long ago if they had the same problems. It was also in the press that American cars have exceeded the Germans in reliability. German car owners say it's because Germans always use cutting-edge technology and that's just the price you pay to stay on the cutting edge.

I agree with Shawn. Before I had my GP we had a 89 Jetta. The thing was slow as hell (it was gas powered, not diesel) I dunno if something was wrong with it or whatever but it had a ton of miles on it. Just about everything except the powertrain broke on it. I was really hard on that car too... I'd back out of the driveway fast and slam it in drive and leave a 6ft patch regularly :lol: . That thing could turn on a dime too, great handling car.

I think I'm in the same boat you are. I'm about to head off to college and I need a new car. AND I have a friend that owns a BMW and has "connections" with in the community. He says he got his 633 for 5500. I know it handles much better and it's faster than my car. Thats all I care about... j/k. RELIABILITY FOREVER!!! But I would really like to get a "bimmer"

Of course it'd be nicer....compare apples to apples....in the gen 1 w-body price range, you could get, Oh I dunno....a 318ti? a little ti for ya?

91_1_s.JPG

Reminds me, where's that Aveo thread.....

Of course it'd be nicer....compare apples to apples....in the gen 1 w-body price range, you could get, Oh I dunno....a 318ti? a little ti for ya?

:( Nah, that ugly little 318ti is still worth more than most gen 1 W-bodies!!!

This is the kind of BMW you can expect to get for the price of a gen 1 W-body (it's an '83 320i with 210k miles).

2e_1_s.JPG

And it's still worth 2x more than my '89!

i like my w because i can work on it myself and have had a few cars with the 2.8 and 3.1 motors in it, i looked under the hood of a bmw and couldnt find shit lol....my $.02

A M3 coupe is one of the cars I would love to have in my collection to cruise around in on those hot summer nights 8) . I have to say that I would love to own a 330 bimmer....they sound really nice! Oh yeah I also like the 323's.

Hey I like driving my wifes Audi. An A4 with 2.8 DOHC has some get up and go and the handeling is really imperssive.

I hear they leak oil and have a lot of problems, is that true? My mom almost bought one but was scared off by some horror stories.

Hopefully I should be coming into some money soon and I've already got the bimmer picked out. I'm goin for a 94'+ 850ci. The ultimate BMW. I should be able to get one for about 25k with about 50 thousand miles. I've always loved the look of those cars since I was a little kid and saw a silver 840. Now the major challenge is getting it insured to an 18 year old, I don't know how that will go over :lol: