MY GOD DAMN REAR BRAKES

z34_nut

i'm starting to get severely pissed off, and personally i dont feel like dumping more moeny into them.

lets just say before i started driving it again this spring, i did a complete 2-week long brake job. that mean i replaced everything, rotors, calipers, and pads. the main reason for doing this is my bleader screws in my front calipers were welded in, and the rear calipers froze (a pair that i just baught about a month before i stored it.) now i baught a brand new set, not the cheap set either, the 400$ set. i also baught front calipers and they were only76$ each.

anyway the front calipers work great. but my rear calipers are pissing me off again!!

the new set that i baught is doing the same thing my frozen rear calipers did~ the whole reason why i replaced them.

point is, my brand new ceramic 70$ pads have worn to half way...after 400 miles!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

first i would like to point out that my calipers are fucked up. and i dont know whats wrong.

they seem to pulse if i just lightly get on the brake and let off. they will cause a slight vibration at about 30mph+ one way to fix this problem is to jab the brakes, and it seems to "unstick them" cause them my car doesn't pulse anymore.

either way this is a very annoying problem and i would like to know if any body has had the same experience. for some reason my last THREE sets of brake calipers have done the same exact thing, and i dont wanna spend any-more money!!!

warped rotors cause brake vibration

if your rear calipers are froze, you can always get new sliders and bushings instead of new calipers. whenever i change out my brakes, which has been every couple months because i've been using trash bosch pads, i always replaced my rear sliders and lubed the shit out of them, and i've never had a problem with the rear calipers locking up, even with harsh, salty mighican winters. i hope my ac delco pads are better than the bosch ones

#1, its not the rotors, as stated above the rotors are new. also when i apply the brakes normally it doesn't pulse, its when i'm moving after applying the brakes lightly, but does not pulse if i apply medium to hard pressure.

#2 i'm using rybestos CERAMIC pads or how ever you spell it

it could be a lube problem but i would also like to know if its anything else? what else could it be? frozen or stick e-brake?

The problem lies in the design of the calipers. Generally by the time you discover it the calipers have already been damaged by the heat. The only way to truly fix the problem is to use the newer brakes. Try taking the pads off and turning the caliper pistons back into their bores and put it back together and set the parking brake, and see if that fixes it.

ceramic pads vibrate because they're designed to last the lifetime of the car, they are probably hard as hell

i'm putting on nice and soft oem ac delco pads this weekend, i hope they don't vibrate like lifetime pads do.

ceramic pads vibrate because they're designed to last the lifetime of the car, they are probably hard as hell

i'm putting on nice and soft oem ac delco pads this weekend, i hope they don't vibrate like lifetime pads do.

ceramic pads are made for smoother stops with reduced total distance in braking. so i dont think its the pads...i do beleive the problem lies in the calipers, but what is causing it.

ceramic pads are made for smoother stops with reduced total distance in braking. so i dont think its the pads...i do beleive the problem lies in the calipers, but what is causing it.

interesting....my Bosch ceramic pads just grinded away, you could feel it in the brake pedal, and semis could probably stop quicker than i could

this is dumb, but are you using brake lube in the calipers?

Just upgrade to the 94+ Calipers. If your worried about the e-brake not working, there are some on here who have gotten the 88-93 E-brake mechanism to work just fine with the newer calipers.

I plan on upgrading one of these days.

interesting....my Bosch ceramic pads just grinded away, you could feel it in the brake pedal, and semis could probably stop quicker than i could

this is dumb, but are you using brake lube in the calipers?

yes the calipers came with the lube to place in the cylinders. so i followed instructions, i plan on adding more after work tomorrow, hopfully that works if not, i'm gonna check my e-brake.

a really good slider lube is Sylglide, you can get it at napa , not sure if other parts stores sell it or not....its what i've been using on my rear sliders for years in all my vehicles and everyone i work with (i work at a napa) swears by the stuff...