starter

alanbshort

ok everyday this week after school my car wont start till the 4th or 5th turn of th key. the first few times all i hear is a click, like my battery is dead. the battery was bought last summer and the new starter was put in last september. after it starts everything is ok but it still takes a second to turn over. i live in oklahoma so its been in the 80s recently and i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. could somebody please tell me whats causing this.

check your ground wires, and starter terminals for corrosion. sounds like the solenoid is maybe on the way out and/or weak battery / bad connection. Start with the battery throw it on the charger, then check your battery cables and the terminals on the starter....just some suggestions

What kind of car you got? year, model, engine?

Put that info in your sig so it would be easier for us.

Well, I would say, check the positive battery cable going to the remote terminal. It is where the fuel relay/fuse are located. It is held down by a nut and sometimes they do get loose so make sure they are tightened up.

Wait a second you said you have to crank it a couple of times before it turns over? What I understand with the fuel pump relay is that if the fuel pump relay is failing, it has a secondary back up from oil sending unit and the oil pressure has to build up to get the fuel pump get power.

So, if you have two relay for your fan, try swapping the secondary cooling fan relay to your fuel pump relay and see if that makes a difference. BTW, check the fuel pump fuse also on the remote terminal aside from the fuel pump relay.