Dash swap??

Cheesy411

hey guys, Is it possible to swap dash's out of a 1995 cutlass and put it in mine?? has anyone done it successfully??? and how do i go about doing it, Im sick of looking at the flat dash

I'd imagine it's possible. I'm sure the mounting points are exactly the same for both styles of dash. You'll have to change your door panels and probably the console, to match also. The steering columns changed to the round "Saginaw" style (I think in 94) and I'm sure the connectors for the ignition switch, wiper switch, headlight dimmer, etc inside the column won't be plug and play with the older column. In fact, I'd be willing to bet none of the connectors in the whole dash assembly will be plug and play. Final verdict: lots and lots of work and probably not for the average joe. If you have another car to fall back on and space to park your Cutty, why not give it a try. Get a factory service manual for your car and the year of Cutty you get the dash from so you can change the harnesses over.

Hope this helps...

I would imagine that your main issue won't be the dash itself, but getting the speedometer/controls to function correctly.....

Wouldn't the pin outs be different, espically if your going from ODB-I and using an ODB-II style dash...

ok check this. get the motor harness and the dash harness and plug and play......... hopefully the motor in your car is a 3100 or a 3.4 dohc or it will be a complete nightmare