what is this: 3.1 VIN W flex fuel???

Hairdo12

I was looking through autozones web site and i accidentally hit the year 1993 and i saw there was one more engine option for the 93 lumina. a 3.1 Vin W flex fuel. What is the difference between this motor and the VIN T motor? I am pretty sure too that the vin W was for the older 2.8 so i am complety up in the air on this one. could it possibly be something that they had to do for california emmisions?

could be the 3.1L that runs on propane, or was it natural gas.....I dont remember, but they made a 3.1L that ran on a different fuel. Should say "Variable Fuel" on the plenum

Variable Fuel/Flex Fuel 3.1s can run the 85 Ethanol Gas.. Not Worthwhile unless you have one.. ANd you have some Ethanol Stations. MN has some.. a couple Holidays have it..

from what i;m told those engines on the inside will stay in great shape with the natural gas sealing everything and keeping it that way, they rarely show high mileage wear and tear.

Variable fuel Luminas are real. They can run either E85 (ethanol as was mentioned before) or M85 (methanol). Mostly all were sold to the gov't.

They don't run on natural gas, I think that would be called a CNG engine.