Starter issue

z34_nut

well my starters been broken since last fall, and i havn't driven it all winter so i just stored it like that. well needless to say, now that i'm driving it again, i'm gonna need some help about removal and instalation of the starter

if any-body knows a link to a detailed step by step guid that would rule, but all i really need is sumthing general. and to the smart-asses, no "remove starter and replace with new."

anyway, all help would be appreciated

Make sure you remove the negative battery cable or you will end up with some wrenches welded to the frame. Remove the torque converter/flywheel inspection cover. Label the connectors or take a picture or whetever, just make sure you put them on the right bolts. two bolts hold the starter on. They are pretty long and have a lot of threads, so it takes a while to get them out. I don't think you have to lower the subframe, but you might. When you put the new one in it helps to have someone help you, those suckers are heavy and your arms will get tired.

Ok, heres my description since i have done it a few times:

Jack up the car

Remove the transmission flywheel guards(you should be able to recognize what im talking about)

Depending on how much space you have, remove the oil filter drip guard

Loosen and remove the nuts thats holding the wires on the starter(there will be 2 nuts to remove)

There will be 2 more bolts holding the starter in, remove those

Then, just pull the starter out of the tranny

Installation is just the reverse of removal. I had to put a shim in mine that came with it, and made another one out of .15 metal because it still wasn't enough. Hope this helps.