Cutlass Convertible owners....

KRH20

What's the weirdest question anyone has ever asked you concerning your car, since it is kind of rare?

Some guy at the gas station asked me point blank..."Is that a real car?" :lol: :lol:

I would have said no its a figment of your imagination! :lol:
i'm with you on this one thats what i would have said in other words i should use this button :withstupid:

I get this alot " rear buckets :shock: "

and theres the "Why did you buy an oldsmobile?"

and "So that is the car with the bar thing sticking out of it?"

The comment i get from most people is, my grandma drives an oldsmobile.

I always get "Cool... factory roll bar"

And "How much did it cost to make that a drop top?"

And some1 (dumbass) said "I used to have one just like that but it was a '99, looked just like urs" I just laughed at his dumbass and drove off lmao. every1 whos any1 knows that the last year for the drop top cutty's is 95

I read somewhere on the web that the 1991 - 1995 Cutlass convertibles didn't roll off the factory as convertibles. GM contracted with a company (called Cars & Concepts I think) to turn them into rag tops. GM would ship the Cutlasses to Cars & Concepts and Cars & Concepts would make them into convertibles.

Then I read someplace else that they were production line built.

Anyone know which is correct?

They've got to be production line built. There's too many interior trim pieces and other evidence for them not to have been. If you take apart the roll bar trim the underlying metal is body colored and is one solid piece. Also, judging from the fact that the sound deadening material on the roll bar is also painted body color I'd say it was on there when the chasis was sprayed down in the factory.

I read somewhere on the web that the 1991 - 1995 Cutlass convertibles didn't roll off the factory as convertibles. GM contracted with a company (called Cars & Concepts I think) to turn them into rag tops. GM would ship the Cutlasses to Cars & Concepts and Cars & Concepts would make them into convertibles.

Then I read someplace else that they were production line built.

Anyone know which is correct?

That's partly true. The 90-95 (there were some built late 90) DID roll off the assembly line as convertibles. They were production line built.

However, there were 50 1988 convertibles built by Cars & Concepts. The Cars & Concepts convertibles for the most part were recalled and destroyed, probably because they did not meet gov't crash test standards, but I think there have been a couple saved and sold on Ebay. I think I have a pic of a nice one that was on Ebay awhile back. All the Cars & Concepts cars were Pace Car replicas.

There was supposed to be a Beretta convertible model, too that got scrapped due to its inability to pass government standards. It looked similar to the Cutlass in that it had the stationary bow as well.