FreakingGomer

I just bought a 1993 Olds Cutlass Supreme Coupe last thursday, it is teal and it has the 3.1L V6, generally speaking I want to increase its performance and looks without spending an overly large amount, I got the car as a replacement for my 1995 Saturn SL2, which I had wheels/stereo/etc. so I would like to know how large of wheels have you put on these cars? and if you could post pics of w-bodies that have17", 18", 19" wheels I would realy appreciate it. I had just ordered 18" 11-spoke giovani's for my saturn the morning it got wrecked, so I was thinking minimum of 18", but I do not know if they will rub or have fittment problems. and as to the engine, I noticed on the kill page that people had posted kills of civics and stuff, I am just curious how that is possible other than poor driveing on the civics part, because the 3.1L only has 140hp, 180ft-lbs. and wheighs what nearly 3500lbs? My saturn had 125hp-125ft-lbs, and it weighed in the neighborhood of 2100lbs, not trying to start an argument, I have just never owned this old of a car/an olsdmobile and was trying to figure some things out

do you know if 19's will fit correctly? with 18's on a saturn (i never got to put them on i was luckily able to cancel my order) i was concerned by fit but they were coming off of a saturn so i figured they would work, any info is appreciated thanks

well, like what is the maximum width? because when you upsize tires you can run into some problems where the tires will rub on the fender liners, rub on the sub-frame etc. and when you go over large bumps they can hit the body, bad thing happen when you go to big.

20's will fit but might rub with a lock to lock turn. I will be putting 20's on my car as soon as i can afford them, i can get the 20's i want and tires new for $1400. I have 17's on my car, take a look

on a 93 cutlass does it have the 3.1 or the 3100? I should probably just go look at the engine and see what it says on it, I will have to do that in the morning, the couple guys that have 17's on your cars, you ever hit the tires on the fender liners when you go over bumps or corner hard? I have heard people that say that their tires will hit on their bodies, I am not loaded or anything and I just want to improve the looks of my car, so do not get on my case, it is a simple question about tire fitment

Oh, I know they came with 16x8, but they also had a 25mm offset to push them out pretty far. I had a little rubbing when pulling out of my driveway turning left. I don't have that rubbing noise anymore with my 7" wheel.

Unless you can find an 8" wide wheel with a 25mm or more, it'll probably rub the inner fender.

On another note, I've seen a 95+ Lumina/Monte Carlo with 20's in my area. I'll take a picture if I see it again.

Unless you can find an 8" wide wheel with a 25mm or more, it'll probably rub the inner fender.

i like how metric and US standard are always mixed together

I personally wouldnt go any higher than 19" on a Cutlass. Im not into dubs or any of those bling, bling spinners :roll: , I just want a nice set of 18's to improve my Cutlass and I would like them in white. You probably wouldn't want to go wider than 235's if your getting into a large sized rim. Just my two cents!

IMO 17"s or 18"s would look best on a Cutlass of that year.

Didn't some late '93s get the 3100, or what that the GP or something?

Anyways the easiest way to tell is just look at the plenum and it will either say 3100 SFI or 3.1 MPFI. :wink:

Stock Civics are slow. They are in the high 17s/low 18s stock for your typical Civic. 3.1 W-bodies aren't anything special.. looking at low-mid 17s for a stock motor.

hey thanks for the input guys,

yea I am having trouble finding ways to customize my cutlass, I have never been into the whole lowrider, bling-bling thing, I have always been into the offroading and the muscle cars, yet since I am in college now and I have no money for my toys, so i got the saturn for its 30 mpg and then it got wrecked and my dad was in love with this car so I bought it, the main thing I am having trouble with is the color, with teal you cannot really get gunmetal or white wheels, and chrome is what everyone has, I just want to make sure that when I lay out the money for the wheels that there will not be huge problems, and that I do not end up with an ugly ass car.

I have konig Tantrums on my Monte.

17x8"

35mm Offset

5x115 bolt pattern

235/40/17 tire size

I have seen a Monte on another site with 18" Tantrums on it. my tires are about 2" Shorter then stock. So i would recommend a 235/45 or a 245/45 on a 17x8" rim. the offset is perfect

I think Gunmetal and black wheels look good with any color car. it is a neutral color and that means they look good with any color car.

my roomate has a set of 18x8.5" Gunmetal Voxx wheels for sale. I need to find the Offset. but they are a 5x114.3 so you will need a centric hub ring. but they will fit if the offset is correct. they need tires but the wheels are in perfect shape. he is wanting $600 +ship for them.

forzaLarge.gif

RedZ